Cooloola Christian College (in Gympie) has a position, starting next year, for a full time Biblical Studies teacher. Two of the churches that are ‘associated’ with the school have QTC grads as ministers, and would love to partner in gospel ministry with them.
Douglas Park Evangelical Church (DPEC) is a small church, with 45-50 regular attendees. We were established in 2001 and we meet in the local Community Hall. Whilst Douglas Park is a small rural town, it is situated in the Wollondilly Shire, with significant development occurring within a 11km radius.
At DPEC we are a family focused congregation with an established leadership team. We are keen to see people grow and mature in Christ and to take the message of Jesus to the surrounding areas. We are an associate member of FIEC and are thankful for their fellowship and support.
DPEC is looking to employ a part-time pastor, initially 4 days a week, with the goal to increase to full-time within a two-year period, as growth and funds allow. The position is to commence in 2022. The starting date is flexible dependent on the availability of the right applicant. We are open to considering a mature aged student pastor.
Our website is in the process of being upgraded, so for further information on the position and to obtain a more detailed job description please contact:
GRACE CHRISTIAN CHURCH BUDERIM (WESTMINSTER PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH)
FULL-TIME ASSISTANT PASTOR
The Session of Grace Christian Church Buderim seeks the following to augment our pastoral staff team:
Title: Assistant Pastor
Reports to: Senior Pastor/Session
Essential Duties: Preaching and teaching, general spiritual oversight and leadership
Overseeing Responsibility: Children’s ministry teams (Sunday School, Playgroup, Youth Group, etc.)
Remuneration: As per approved Grace Buderim salary schedule for teaching elders (based on PCQ stipend schedule for the current year)
Regulatory Requirements: All relevant safe ministry requirements (working with children training and screening), eligibility for ordination as a Teaching Elder within QPC now or in the near future.
Initial Contract Length: 2 years, with option to renew as a permanent
This role requires a gifted and capable preacher and teacher, willing to learn and grow in life and
ministry under God, able to lead individuals and teams, and pastorally gifted. Most of all, the role
requires a person who models a godly and humble life, is hospitable to others, is eager to put the
interests of others above their own for the sake of Christ, seeks to win others for Christ, is committed to
learning from God’s Word and is devoted to prayer.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Pastoral ministry alongside or under the guidance and direction of the Senior Pastor for the
growing church family of Grace Christian Church (approximately 200 people including children)
- In coordination with the Senior Pastor, regular preaching and teaching duties, including but not limited to: Sunday services, small groups, and training meetings.
- Leading worship services, and administering the sacraments (following approval by the Presbytery or ordination, whichever occurs first)
- Weekly meetings with the senior pastor for review, planning, prayer and personal development
- Leadership and oversight of existing children’s ministry teams, including
- Training, leading and encouraging ministry team coordinators and their teams
- Setting vision and direction for these ministries, especially how they integrate with the wider gospel ministry of the church family and the church vision
- Growing and developing these ministries
- Reviewing teaching materials
- Managing training and compliance for safe ministry practices and policies, in coordination with the Administrator and/or the Risk Management Officer
- Assisting the Senior Pastor with general pastoral ministry, including but not limited to
- Pastoral visitation including hospital visits
- Pastoral counselling related to weddings, baptisms and funerals
- Occasional services, including weddings, baptisms and funerals
- Usual and special events and meetings – including, but not limited to, AGMs, working bees, Christmas and Easter events, church social events, outreach events
- Other pastoral work usually expected from teaching elders.
- Attending and participating in denominational events such as quarterly Presbytery meetings and biannual National Assembly
- Other activities as assigned by the Senior Pastor or the Session from time to time.
Expressions of interest
Expressions of interest should be forwarded to the Clerk of Session, Mr Brad Joyce at
email@example.com. Those expressing interest will be contacted regarding the
application and appointment process.
Closure of Applications
Applications for this position will close on _________________ .
Part-time Ministry Worker
Westside Christian Church
Westside Christian Church is a member of the Christian Reformed Churches of Australia. We started 20 years ago in the western suburbs of Brisbane with a desire to reach our local community with the gospel. Right from the start we wanted to develop a relaxed and friendly culture that focused on building relationships and engaging with our contemporary culture.
We started with just 50 people in 2001, and for the first twelve years we met in the Library Annex of Westside Christian College in Goodna. But over the years we grew to 100 people and in 2013 we moved to Langley Park Hall in Camira.
Over the years we have had a number of part-time positions in the areas of youth, evangelism and administration, and we are looking for another part-time position to help us minister to the needs of our congregation and help us continue to grow. If you are reading this, we hope that person might be you. And even if you don’t fit all the requirements, we encourage you to apply and see how we might work with your particular strengths.
We have a growing number of young families joining our church and need someone to coordinate our family and children ministries. These include family events, home groups, creche, Sunday School, Catechism, Youth Group, and young adult ministries. The candidate would need to enjoy working with adults and children and complete the relevant ChildSafe training and get a blue card. The successful candidate would also need to become a member of our church (at least for the duration of ministry with us) and would become part of our leadership team.
- Initially the candidate would be required to help Church Council develop a plan to support and disciple Westside families. This plan would cover each developmental stage of childhood right up to young adults, marriage, and family life.
- Oversee the implementation of our children and family plan.
We would expect the candidate to spend their time in the following ways each week:
- Administration i.e. planning, reporting – 2-4 hours
- Supporting Ministry teams – 2-4 hours
- Leadership Development i.e. meeting with ministry leaders – 1-2 hours
- Leading Ministry i.e. running Sunday School, Catechism, Youth, Home Group – 2-4 hours
- Leading Parent Groups i.e. marriage or parenting courses, pastoral support etc. – 1-2 hours
There will also be other opportunities for ministry involvement depending on your gifts and personal goals.
As noted above we do provide some training, however we are primarily looking for someone who has experience i.e. a currently ordained or retired minister, someone with ministry experience, or a student training for ministry i.e. either at diploma or degree level.
The hourly rate will be negotiated depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
This position is for 10-15 hours/week.
This position requires weekly meetings with the Pastor, and monthly reports to Church Council.
- A committed Christian who lives out their faith in their daily life.
- A good understanding of Scripture i.e. be able to explain the gospel and use Scripture to encourage and comfort God’s people.
- A good understanding and agreement with our Reformed Confessions (these can be made available, see ‘further information’ below).
- Good computer skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & Excel.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook.
- Good communication skills, warm and friendly.
- Able to relate well with both children and adults.
- Complete the relevant ChildSafe training and get a blue card.
- Be able to organise and lead meetings.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
As part of the application process the candidate will need to provide evidence of their training, ministry experience, competencies, and 3 referees.
If you would like to know more about us, you can do the following:
- Check out our websites: www.westsidechristianchurch.com.au, or www.crca.org.au
- Give Ps Josh a ring on 0423 814 700
SHARE THE GOSPEL WITH HOBART
Thirty-three percent more people in Hobart claim to have “no religion” than the Australian average. By God’s leading we need your help to prepare our congregation to reach them! St. John’s is a diverse, growing church right in the Hobart CBD. You will find the Sunday gatherings are straightforward and easy to understand, with a mix of the old and the new, and with an emphasis on clear, Christ centred preaching from the Bible. Hobart itself is a wonderful place to live and do ministry. Newly crowned as Australia’s third most desirable holiday destination , Hobart has always been a favourite among nature lovers and outdoor adventurers, but in recent years our festivals and the growth of our food and cultural scenes have been getting us noticed from the other side of Bass Strait. That’s not to say the life of a gospel worker in Hobart will be easy, nor that the role won’t be challenging. But the harvest is ripe, the workers are few, and we pray that by God’s leading you might find yourself called to join us in His service in this small corner of the kingdom.
Full time, suitably remunerated position starting January 2022
- To help the Senior Minister equip the people of St John’s for works of service
- Work closely with the Senior Minister to build a healthy community of believers who are confident in the gospel and the promises of God and keen to reach out into the wider community of Hobart and beyond.
- Preach approximately once a Month.
- Lead and coordinate the weekly Youth Group.
- Oversight of:
- 0-21’s ministry (i.e. children’s ministries, youth ministries and the transition from secondary to tertiary study)
- Connect Groups
- Ministry Team Leaders
- Church-wide Equipping for Ministry
- 0-21’s ministry (i.e. children’s ministries, youth ministries and the transition from secondary to tertiary study)
For further information view the Info Pack here.
Youth/Childrens Worker for Toowong Baptist Church
Toowong Baptist Church (TBC)
Position: Children’s and Youth Ministry Worker
Hours: Full-time (flexible and negotiable)
General job description: Overseeing and coordinating the children’s and youth ministry at TBC.
Responsibilities: (includes but not limited to the following)
- Prayerfully working with a team to see the children & youth of the church come to know and love the Lord Jesus.
- Develop/identify curriculum that is faithful to Scripture and suitable to each age group.
- Provide organisational oversight and training for team leaders/workers
- Engage with the parents/careers of the children/youth
- Agree with the church’s doctrinal statement
- Diploma in theology (or above)
- Minimum two years’ experience working with children/youth
- Cross-cultural experience preferable
Please provide a covering letter, a resume of relevant experience, and the contact details of two referees.
It is hoped the successful candidate would be available to start January 2022.
Please contact: Toowong Baptist Church 3871 1022 or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Pastor Position – Saltbush Evangelical Church
Saltbush Evangelical Church is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor.
Saltbush Evangelical Church was established 10 years ago by a small group of Christians who wanted to make a difference for the Kingdom in a place where very few people know Jesus. Currently led by lay overseers, we are looking to refill our Senior Pastor position, who finished towards the end of 2020. You will lead and work alongside the lay leadership of a community of Bible believing Christians, seeking to share Jesus with the far west NSW town of Broken Hill.
We are seeking someone with a heart for rural ministry.
Applications are open until suitable candidate is found.
Darebin Presbyterian Church
Darebin Presbyterian Church in Melbourne has an exciting ministry opportunity for someone to join us as our Children’s and Youth Ministry Coordinator, a part-time role to start in January 2022. We would love to hear from you! For further information please visit us here: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/551103dae4b0dd8c456d6913/t/6160c73d0cee83321ecfbc26/1633732429612/Children%E2%80%99s+Ministry+Coordinator+Role+Description+DPC+REVISED.pdf
Harbourside Presbyterian Church in Coffs Harbour is seeking a full-time Youth/Young
Adults Pastor to join our growing ministry team. The role can be adapted according to the
gifts, ability and passion of the successful candidate, but the primary role will be ministry
- Lead, plan & develop a vibrant Youth ministry of over 100 teenagers and 9 leaders.
- Develop and train Youth Leaders.
- Disciple and pastorally care for Youth, assisting them to grow and mature in Christ.
- Oversee a youth mentoring ministry comprised of over 50 youth and 20 mentors.
- Assist with SRE (Scripture) in local high schools.
- Support, disciple & encourage uni students and young adults.
You will need to have
- A heart & passion for seeing young people come to know & love Jesus and grow in their
relationship with him.
- Prior experience in Youth Ministry.
- Diploma or degree level training in Theology and/or Youth Ministry.
- Ability to work with a small staff team.
- Ability to relate to both Youth and their parents.
- A Reformed/Evangelical outlook in your Christian faith.
The remuneration package is negotiable according to skills and experience.
For more information contact the Senior Pastor Jamie Newans e: email@example.com.
Children’s Sunday Ministry Pastor/Worker
Evangelical Free Church of Australia
Job Type: Part-time 3 days per week opportunity
Closing Date: 29 October 2021
Lead a dedicated team of teachers to minister to around 70 children currently holding classes in Chatswood everyday Sunday…
Evangelical Free Church of Australia (EFCA) has been ministering for over 30 years in the North Shore of Sydney in three languages (English, Cantonese and Mandarin), with a congregation of circa 800 people across five services in East Lindfield and Chatswood.
We are seeking a Children’s Sunday Ministry Pastor/Worker for three days per week to lead a dedicated team of teachers to minister to around 70 children currently holding classes in Chatswood every Sunday.
Applicants should be of Christian evangelical background, possess relevant experience and gifts, completed essential training in children’s ministry, and demonstrate passion, vision and leadership abilities for children and families. This ministry is mainly carried out in English. Some knowledge of Cantonese would be an advantage.
Closing date: Friday 29th October 2021
East Coast Anglican, Tasmania
Location: The East Coast of Tasmania
(Woodsdale, Buckland, Orford, Triabunna, Swansea, Bicheno, Coles Bay)
Job Type: Full- or part-time
Closing Date: 31 October 2021
We are very excited to be looking for someone to join. A generous donation means that we
can fund a new staff position to make disciples among children, youth and their families.
Perhaps you’re the person we’re looking for. The details of this role will be worked out in
discussions with you based on your character, gifts and skills, godly desires for the present
and future, training, and capacity.
The final role description may include one or more of the following (but won’t include all of
them!) Your own creativity is welcomed and the role will be refined over time.
- Sharing Jesus with local youth
- Demonstrating the love of Jesus to warm contact families
- Sharing Jesus with local children
- Discipling children and youth
- Developing children and youth leaders
- Discipling adults
- Planning a strategy to develop a sustainable parish for the next generations
It is possible an applicant would desire a part-time position in order to conduct further
training or to work another job part-time (with local school chaplaincy a possibility).
We are an evangelical Anglican church in a rural area of Tasmania. Our current
congregations are small and mostly elderly. After two years without a minister, the lead
pastor, Ben Allen, is prayerfully leading people to follow Jesus, grow like Jesus and serve for
Jesus. We want to be a church for the East Coast of Tasmania, now and for the future.
Joining this ministry is an opportunity that will no doubt bring many challenges and
hardships along with great privilege and responsibility. Working together, under God, may
we see people brought into the kingdom of God’s Son!
To express your interest please send a cover letter, CV and details for two referees who
can speak to your character and ministry skills, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call Ben
on 0407 242 522 to chat further.
Appointment will be subject to the applicant fulfilling the Safe Church Communities
requirements of the Diocese of Tasmania, including having a Tasmanian Working with
Vulnerable People Card. The Diocese of Tasmania is a ChildSafe organisation.
We follow the risen Lord Jesus, calling others to follow him.
Youth Pastor/ Worker
(Pastoral Assistant Supervised)
To commence in January 2022
This position with Evans Head Presbyterian Church works in consolation with and under the
direction of the eldership to provide and facilitate ministry to those inside and outside the
church up to between the ages of 12 and 21
This includes but is not limited to
- Coordination (or co-cordination) of ministry to youth in the form of youth group,
youth bible studies and in the life of the church (including in services)
- The development of leaders who minister to those under the age of 21 and including
the development of student leaders among the senior youth.
- The delivery of weekly high school SRE lessons into Evans River K-12
- Coordination and some delivery of weekly SRE lessons into Evans River K-6 classes
and at Woodburn Public School.
As described above this position has a significant proportion of it’s time in the SRE setting. In
accordance there are both some desirable and necessary requirements.
Approval to teach SRE through the Presbyterian Church of NSW which entails:
- Be authorised by the Conduct Protocol Unit (CPU) as a high school SRE teacher
- Child Protection Awareness Training
- Completed basic 7 module High School SRE training
- Be trained to at least certificate level in both teaching Christian Faith in the
Classroom and pastoral care
- Commenced or completed at least a Theological Diploma
- Any teaching qualification
- Any experience in youth work and or youth ministry
Position is for 2 to 3 days per week- negotiated depending on the skill set of the applicant.
It also may be suitable to combine with a ministry apprenticeship through MTS.
It is expected that the applicant will be located (or willing to relocate) to one of the towns in
our area (Woodburn, Coraki, Evans Head, Broadwater) and become a part of Evans Head
For further information or to apply, please contact Les Moreman – email@example.com for
more information and an application package.
Applications close Friday November 12th, 2021