Northern District Chinese Christian Church Sydney (NDCCCS) is an inter-denominational church which has been serving the Marsfield / Epping community for more than 30 years. We have Sunday services which meet in English, Cantonese and Mandarin in two locations – with regular attendance of around 350 in Chinese services, around 100 in the English service and 90 children.
We are looking for a full-time children’s pastor who will be able to further develop our Kids for Christ (KFC) children’s ministry (infants to Year 6) with primary role to:
- Oversee children’s ministry, in discipling and training leaders of this ministry;
- Work closely with other pastors and lead the KFC working committee to develop strategies in line with our vision, particularly in our discipleship initiatives;
- Consider an appropriate curriculum and outreach program for children; and
- Oversee and run an evangelistic kids holiday club.
If you have a passion for children work, we want to hear from you. Previous experience in children’s ministry would be highly desirable, but new graduates with experience are encouraged to apple.
The successful applicant will be working closely with the pastoral team in training/support of Sunday school teachers, leaders and helpers.
The applicant should be a mature Christian and ideally would have a Bachelor of Theology from a recognised theological institution, although Diploma holders are also encouraged to apply.
Current theological students who would be interested in a student ministry placement with NDCCCS are also very welcome to make enquiries.
Enquiries: Rev. Douglas Fyfe (0402 746 221) or Wilson Cheung (0402893 421).
JOB TITLE: Pastor/Elder of Hope Reformed Baptist Church
JOB TYPE: Part Time with view to full time
LOCATION: 9/130 Kingston Rd, Underwood, QLD
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: Ministry Leaders Committee
Hope Reformed Baptist Church is an established Church in suburb of Underwood, Logan with an 11-year history. We have approximately 130 active congregants and operate in a newly constructed facility.
The Lead Elder is responsible for leading the church body in functioning as a New Testament Church. The Lead Elder is responsible for providing spiritual instruction and strategic leadership to the members, staff and ministries of the church. The Lead Elder is not responsible for doing all the work, but for seeing that it is done and done properly (1 Corinthians 14:40).
Our Beliefs and values:
We have a passion for God’s Word. We believe that the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God and our supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. We are uncompromising in our commitment to preaching and teaching which is strongly Christ-centred and Gospel-focused. We believe God has made Himself known to the world in Jesus Christ. We believe the Gospel of Jesus is the centrepiece of God’s redemptive plan for all people through the repentance of sin and belief in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We preach the Gospel uncompromisingly for it leads to transformed and Christ-like lives.
About the Person
The Lead Elder will be a man called of God and set apart to the gospel ministry, evangelical in theology, and committed to living and serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in Scripture for such a leader.
The Lead Elder must be a man who exemplifies a godly character, is compassionate in recognising and meeting the needs of others and demonstrates a high level of competence.
- The Lead Elder will be called by the Holy Spirit and confirmed by a body of believers through ordination. (Acts 20:28; Titus 1:5; 1 Timothy 3:1)
- The Lead Elder will equip, educate, and edify the church as mandated in Ephesians 4:11-13.
- The Lead Elder will conform himself to the ministry expectations set forth in 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13.
- The Lead Elder will lead and serve in accord with the expectations set forth in 1 Peter 5:1-3.
- The Lead Elder will exercise biblical authority and carry out a Christian witness as set forth in Hebrews 13:17 and as directed in 2 Timothy 4:1-5.
- The Lead Elder will be qualified to minister in the church as required in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
Biblical Responsibilities of the Role
The responsibilities of the Lead Elder may be outlined in terms of his primary biblical roles as follows:
- Elder/Overseer: the principal leader and vision caster of the church (cf. Acts 20:28; Philippians 1:1; I Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; I Peter 5:1-4).
- Evangelist: models the practice of personal evangelism and ensures that the church is challenged and equipped to be obedient to the Great Commission (cf. II Timothy 4:5; Matthew 28:19).
- Shepherd: models the heart of the Chief Shepherd and ensures that the church is well led, cared for, and protected (cf. Acts 20:28; I Peter 5:1-4).
- Preacher/Teacher: the principal communicator of God’s Word in public worship and ensures that the Church is growing to maturity in Christ (cf. Acts 6:4; Ephesians 4:11; II Timothy 4:1-4; Titus 1:9).
- Equipper: partners with other leaders to empower and equip maturing members for significant service and ministry by discovering, developing, and deploying their spiritual gifts (cf. Ephesians 4:12; II Timothy 2:2).
In addition to the aforementioned responsibilities, the expectations of the Lead Elder will be that he is to:
- Lead and demonstrate effective ways to witness and win the lost to salvation through Jesus Christ.
- Facilitate the general running of the church including to plan and conduct services, developing and preaching sermons at all services and leads in the observance of ordinances (alongside the other Elders).
- Oversee the church’s involvement and contribution to the Great Commission locally and abroad, leading the congregation in effective programs to fulfil the Great Commission with vision, purpose and priority.
- Visits and ministers to members and church attendees and provide pastoral care as needs arise.
- Conducts counselling sessions, performs wedding ceremonies, funeral services and any other formal ceremonies the church may be involved in.
- Works with HRBC Elders, Deacons, other key leadership and staff to carry out the mission and purpose of the church.
- Provides general oversight of all HRBC committees, departments and staff, supervising and evaluating the tasks assigned to each.
- Adheres to the HRBC Constitution, Hope Reformed Baptist Pty Ltd Constitution, as well as Policies and Procedures adopted by the church.
- Represents HRBC in appropriate parachurch organisations and committees outside of the church.
- Offer church discipline to wayward and struggling members and where the need arises, excommunicate any members who prove unrepentant after several warnings.
- Maintains a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord through daily Bible study and prayer.
- Maintains proper priorities at home with his wife and children.
Qualifications and Experience
- A person with considerable merit in regard to their personal character, education, training, conduct, competence and record of service as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-9.
- Proven ability to preach, teach, lead, provide pastoral care, counsel, administrate and equip people.
- Strong alignment with the Hope Reformed Baptist Church’s mission, beliefs and values.
- Degree in Theological studies or similar appropriate to role OR be working towards one.
- Recognised Minister of Religion or the aim to become a recognised minister within the FECA
- Proven ability to preach, teach, lead, provide pastoral care, counsel, administrate and equip people.
- Significant pastoral experience (please specify)
- Previous experience in church oversight
- Previous experience in local and international missions work would be well regarded
- Previous experience in the legal requirements of churches will be beneficial
- Excellent pastoral skills, including all aspects of church life
- Ability to work alongside and co-ordinate teams
- Good organisational skills
- Mentoring/ Discipling skills essential
- Driver’s licence
- Ensure the congregation are pastored effectively – considering spiritual needs and the physical needs of a building, schedules and visitations.
- To consider the wider community of Logan and identify areas of need which can be met by you as a pastor and the church.
- To identify, raise and train people for future ministries.
- To become a vital part of the team of Hope Leaders, adding to the networking, resourcing, training, mentoring and supporting that already exists.
- Photograph of yourself as well as a family photo if relevant
- Graduation certificate from Bible College/ formal theological training
- 2 Recommendation Letters – Certificate of Pastor Ordainment if have one
- Cover Letter of your Ministry philosophy
- 2 Video files of recent sermons
. *Please email all the mentioned documents to church office-
Att: Manager- email@example.com; or mail to PO Box 558 Springwood, QLD, 4127
ENGLISH CONGREGATION PASTOR
AUSTRAL ASIAN CHRISTIAN CHURCH FTE 1.0
Initial 1 year contract with possibility to extend
• Preach the Word of God on a regular basis
• Provide pastoral care for an English-speaking congregation with an Asian background
• Provide support to the English-Speaking Children’s Ministry (Awana)
• Provide leadership and training for leaders, including one-on-one mentoring on a regular basis
• Discipleship of current leadership team with the vision of training them to mature spiritually to then train up the next group of potential upcoming leaders
• Collaborate with the greater church body to provide a future vision
• Worship – Oversee the running of worship and ensure that biblical practices are followed
• Evangelism – Perform outreach activities
• Holder of at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Theology (or equivalent)
• Capable of fluently preaching in English
• Demonstrated passion for pastoral care, i.e. previous experience
• Experienced in one-on-one mentoring
• Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively in a team and effective time-management/organisational skills
• Has the right to abode and work in Australia
• Ability to preach in another language such as Mandarin/Cantonese
• Familiar with the Australian and Chinese culture, and preferably living/ have lived in Australia
• Able to provide worship training
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Come and join the team to reach people from all nations in Footscray, Melbourne.
Laneway Church is a new church in Footscray that longs and prays for people from all nations to
hear, see and experience the gospel of Jesus Christ. We’re a gospel-centred, Bible-driven
church, committed to making deep disciples of Christ in ever increasing number for the love of
our neighbour and the glory of God.
Laneway Church has grown as a multicultural church reaching young adults and families in
Melbourne’s inner-west. We’re an active member of the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical
Churches, and we structure our church’s ministry around 5 purposes: Magnification, Mission,
Membership, Maturity and Ministry.
We are seeking an Associate Pastor who will focus on reaching the lost and building the church
through leading two of these purposes. Our preference is for a man who can focus on
Magnification as his primary responsibility, as outlined below, but we will structure around the
person first and their gifts.
A more detailed position description for the role of championing magnification is included below.
The Associate Pastor will champion the purpose of Magnification by leading Laneway Church to
glorify God and joyfully love him with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength, and will engage
our local community in church gatherings that are a compelling witness to Christ.
Associate Pastor Magnification Responsibilities
The Associate Pastor will champion the purpose of magnification through shaping the
culture of church to magnify God through teaching, infectious personal example, godly
leadership and prayer, and working in and with the Magnification team.
The Associate Pastor will shape the culture of Sunday gatherings, so that people
- Hear the gospel clearly
- Are moved to love Jesus with all their heart, soul, mind and strength
- Do business with God
- Wish their non-Christian friends were here
- From diverse cultural backgrounds are engaged
Build leaders and teams
The Associate Pastor will build and lead teams and coach leaders involved in Sunday
gatherings, and other prayer and praise ministries (e.g. Laneway Unplugged), including the
- Service coordination and leading
- Interviews and stories
- Vibe and venue layout
Plan and lead for growth
The Associate Pastor will work with the lead pastor and leadership team to create and
implement plans to help Laneway Church move through growth stages.
He will build Sunday gatherings that connect with people from a variety of cultures who are
de-churched or have never been to church.
The Associate Pastor will be a man who meets the qualifications of Titus 1:5-9, 1 Timothy 3:1-7,
and 1 Peter 5:1-4, and who agrees with the theological convictions of Laneway Church and who
is captured by the vision, mission and values of Laneway Church.
A foundational commitment to prayer
Driven by the Bible
Desperate for conversion
A deep love for Jesus
Genuinely cares for people
Can inspire and empower volunteers
Can build effective teams and lead leaders
Humble and teachable
Entrepreneurial gifts, with an ability to analyse, strategise and problem solve
A gifted personal communicator and musician
Has experience in, and an understanding of team ministry (5M’s/Purpose
Has experience and confidence in raising financial support for ministry.
Skilled with communications
Theological qualification (or be pursuing theological study)
The role is for 5 days per week (negotiable).
A full-time option is desirable. Full-time remuneration will initially depend upon the candidate’s
ability to support raise to complement their salary. The goal is that over 1-3 years the position will
be fully funded from within church due to numerical and financial growth.
The salary package is calculated according to our remuneration guidelines and is dependent
upon experience, qualifications and life package.
Applications Close 6th October
Ideal commencement date: January 2020 (we will wait for the right candidate).
To apply or enquire more details about this job, please send a cover letter that addresses the
requirements, and a copy of your resume to our Lead Pastor Joshua Allen at
Josh@lanewaychurch.com.au, or call on 0431747370.
For more information regarding Laneway Church feel free to browse Facebook and our website.
Gladstone Church of Christ
HopeLINK is a ministry of Gladstone Church of Christ ‘Shed 19’, and was seed-funded by Churches of Christ in Queensland through Church Connect. HopeLINK seeks to bring together a range of services for those who are economically and socially vulnerable in the community. By providing a place of meeting and belonging, we seek to establish connectedness with our community, and thus be better positioned to respond to specific unmet needs of the marginalised and needy within our community.
We are currently seeking a person to fill the role of HopeLINK Coordinator to Coordinate, develop and promote HopeLINK, serving the Gladstone community. This position will be required to:
- Coordinate and manage the general administrative requirements of HopeLINK;
- Work with HMC to develop long term strategies for the continued development of the ministry, and development of our people and projects;
- Promote HopeLINK through public presentations, marketing and social media.
The vision of Gladstone Church of Christ is to be an innovative, effective and responsive community, meeting the real needs of people around us, thus fulfilling our motto – “Offering Christ’s hope, Expressing God’s love”. We are therefore seeking a motivated and innovative individual with a heart for serving the marginalised and those in our community who are struggling.
Please request an application pack for the full job description. We invite applications from Australian residents.
For further information or to submit an application, please contact Senior Pastor, Colin Christian, Churches of Christ, Gladstone by email email@example.com or 07 49793626/ 0499 484 260.
Applications close: Tuesday 21 April 2020
Category: Mission and Churches
Reference ID: AM000629
Date Posted: 13/03/2020