Opportunity for Service
After 5 years of service, Surendra and May Wesley have decided to move on from Mt Magnet, WA at the end of 2019 and have accepted a call to Victoria.
This creates an opportunity for a suitably qualified couple to get involved in an exciting ministry that is bearing fruit in a unique location. Current activities include weekly church services, a well-attended Sunday school, town-based outreach and local patrol ministry.
If you have a heart for the lost and a desire to help God’s people grow in maturity, and you have skills in evangelism, one-to-one discipling, preaching and small group leadership, then this might be a role for you.
A track record of effective service as an elder, home missionary or pastor in a Presbyterian Church is desirable, as is some formal theological training. The ministry work in Mt Magnet is a joint work of the Presbytery of WA, APWM and PIM. Please contact Andrew Letcher, CEO of PIM, by email to email@example.com or phone on 0438 868 964 for an information pack or to express your interest.
Northern District Chinese Christian Church Sydney (NDCCCS) is an inter-denominational church which has been serving the Marsfield / Epping community for more than 30 years. We have Sunday services which meet in English, Cantonese and Mandarin in two locations – with regular attendance of around 350 in Chinese services, around 100 in the English service and 90 children.
We are looking for a full-time children’s pastor who will be able to further develop our Kids for Christ (KFC) children’s ministry (infants to Year 6) with primary role to:
- Oversee children’s ministry, in discipling and training leaders of this ministry;
- Work closely with other pastors and lead the KFC working committee to develop strategies in line with our vision, particularly in our discipleship initiatives;
- Consider an appropriate curriculum and outreach program for children; and
- Oversee and run an evangelistic kids holiday club.
If you have a passion for children work, we want to hear from you. Previous experience in children’s ministry would be highly desirable, but new graduates with experience are encouraged to apple.
The successful applicant will be working closely with the pastoral team in training/support of Sunday school teachers, leaders and helpers.
The applicant should be a mature Christian and ideally would have a Bachelor of Theology from a recognised theological institution, although Diploma holders are also encouraged to apply.
Current theological students who would be interested in a student ministry placement with NDCCCS are also very welcome to make enquiries.
Enquiries: Rev. Douglas Fyfe (0402 746 221) or Wilson Cheung (0402893 421).
JOB TITLE: Pastor/Elder of Hope Reformed Baptist Church
JOB TYPE: Part Time with view to full time
LOCATION: 9/130 Kingston Rd, Underwood, QLD
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: Ministry Leaders Committee
Hope Reformed Baptist Church is an established Church in suburb of Underwood, Logan with an 11-year history. We have approximately 130 active congregants and operate in a newly constructed facility.
The Lead Elder is responsible for leading the church body in functioning as a New Testament Church. The Lead Elder is responsible for providing spiritual instruction and strategic leadership to the members, staff and ministries of the church. The Lead Elder is not responsible for doing all the work, but for seeing that it is done and done properly (1 Corinthians 14:40).
Our Beliefs and values:
We have a passion for God’s Word. We believe that the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God and our supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. We are uncompromising in our commitment to preaching and teaching which is strongly Christ-centred and Gospel-focused. We believe God has made Himself known to the world in Jesus Christ. We believe the Gospel of Jesus is the centrepiece of God’s redemptive plan for all people through the repentance of sin and belief in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We preach the Gospel uncompromisingly for it leads to transformed and Christ-like lives.
About the Person
The Lead Elder will be a man called of God and set apart to the gospel ministry, evangelical in theology, and committed to living and serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in Scripture for such a leader.
The Lead Elder must be a man who exemplifies a godly character, is compassionate in recognising and meeting the needs of others and demonstrates a high level of competence.
- The Lead Elder will be called by the Holy Spirit and confirmed by a body of believers through ordination. (Acts 20:28; Titus 1:5; 1 Timothy 3:1)
- The Lead Elder will equip, educate, and edify the church as mandated in Ephesians 4:11-13.
- The Lead Elder will conform himself to the ministry expectations set forth in 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13.
- The Lead Elder will lead and serve in accord with the expectations set forth in 1 Peter 5:1-3.
- The Lead Elder will exercise biblical authority and carry out a Christian witness as set forth in Hebrews 13:17 and as directed in 2 Timothy 4:1-5.
- The Lead Elder will be qualified to minister in the church as required in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
Biblical Responsibilities of the Role
The responsibilities of the Lead Elder may be outlined in terms of his primary biblical roles as follows:
- Elder/Overseer: the principal leader and vision caster of the church (cf. Acts 20:28; Philippians 1:1; I Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; I Peter 5:1-4).
- Evangelist: models the practice of personal evangelism and ensures that the church is challenged and equipped to be obedient to the Great Commission (cf. II Timothy 4:5; Matthew 28:19).
- Shepherd: models the heart of the Chief Shepherd and ensures that the church is well led, cared for, and protected (cf. Acts 20:28; I Peter 5:1-4).
- Preacher/Teacher: the principal communicator of God’s Word in public worship and ensures that the Church is growing to maturity in Christ (cf. Acts 6:4; Ephesians 4:11; II Timothy 4:1-4; Titus 1:9).
- Equipper: partners with other leaders to empower and equip maturing members for significant service and ministry by discovering, developing, and deploying their spiritual gifts (cf. Ephesians 4:12; II Timothy 2:2).
In addition to the aforementioned responsibilities, the expectations of the Lead Elder will be that he is to:
- Lead and demonstrate effective ways to witness and win the lost to salvation through Jesus Christ.
- Facilitate the general running of the church including to plan and conduct services, developing and preaching sermons at all services and leads in the observance of ordinances (alongside the other Elders).
- Oversee the church’s involvement and contribution to the Great Commission locally and abroad, leading the congregation in effective programs to fulfil the Great Commission with vision, purpose and priority.
- Visits and ministers to members and church attendees and provide pastoral care as needs arise.
- Conducts counselling sessions, performs wedding ceremonies, funeral services and any other formal ceremonies the church may be involved in.
- Works with HRBC Elders, Deacons, other key leadership and staff to carry out the mission and purpose of the church.
- Provides general oversight of all HRBC committees, departments and staff, supervising and evaluating the tasks assigned to each.
- Adheres to the HRBC Constitution, Hope Reformed Baptist Pty Ltd Constitution, as well as Policies and Procedures adopted by the church.
- Represents HRBC in appropriate parachurch organisations and committees outside of the church.
- Offer church discipline to wayward and struggling members and where the need arises, excommunicate any members who prove unrepentant after several warnings.
- Maintains a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord through daily Bible study and prayer.
- Maintains proper priorities at home with his wife and children.
Qualifications and Experience
- A person with considerable merit in regard to their personal character, education, training, conduct, competence and record of service as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-9.
- Proven ability to preach, teach, lead, provide pastoral care, counsel, administrate and equip people.
- Strong alignment with the Hope Reformed Baptist Church’s mission, beliefs and values.
- Degree in Theological studies or similar appropriate to role OR be working towards one.
- Recognised Minister of Religion or the aim to become a recognised minister within the FECA
- Proven ability to preach, teach, lead, provide pastoral care, counsel, administrate and equip people.
- Significant pastoral experience (please specify)
- Previous experience in church oversight
- Previous experience in local and international missions work would be well regarded
- Previous experience in the legal requirements of churches will be beneficial
- Excellent pastoral skills, including all aspects of church life
- Ability to work alongside and co-ordinate teams
- Good organisational skills
- Mentoring/ Discipling skills essential
- Driver’s licence
- Ensure the congregation are pastored effectively – considering spiritual needs and the physical needs of a building, schedules and visitations.
- To consider the wider community of Logan and identify areas of need which can be met by you as a pastor and the church.
- To identify, raise and train people for future ministries.
- To become a vital part of the team of Hope Leaders, adding to the networking, resourcing, training, mentoring and supporting that already exists.
- Photograph of yourself as well as a family photo if relevant
- Graduation certificate from Bible College/ formal theological training
- 2 Recommendation Letters – Certificate of Pastor Ordainment if have one
- Cover Letter of your Ministry philosophy
- 2 Video files of recent sermons
. *Please email all the mentioned documents to church office-
Att: Manager- firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail to PO Box 558 Springwood, QLD, 4127
ENGLISH CONGREGATION PASTOR
AUSTRAL ASIAN CHRISTIAN CHURCH FTE 1.0
Initial 1 year contract with possibility to extend
• Preach the Word of God on a regular basis
• Provide pastoral care for an English-speaking congregation with an Asian background
• Provide support to the English-Speaking Children’s Ministry (Awana)
• Provide leadership and training for leaders, including one-on-one mentoring on a regular basis
• Discipleship of current leadership team with the vision of training them to mature spiritually to then train up the next group of potential upcoming leaders
• Collaborate with the greater church body to provide a future vision
• Worship – Oversee the running of worship and ensure that biblical practices are followed
• Evangelism – Perform outreach activities
• Holder of at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Theology (or equivalent)
• Capable of fluently preaching in English
• Demonstrated passion for pastoral care, i.e. previous experience
• Experienced in one-on-one mentoring
• Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively in a team and effective time-management/organisational skills
• Has the right to abode and work in Australia
• Ability to preach in another language such as Mandarin/Cantonese
• Familiar with the Australian and Chinese culture, and preferably living/ have lived in Australia
• Able to provide worship training
Please email your resume to email@example.com to apply.
College Pastor (Chaplain) – Glasshouse Christian College
Glasshouse Christian College is seeking an experienced and qualified Pastor for its Middle and Senior School. This is a full-time ongoing position beginning 20 January 2020.
The successful application will have a Minimum Diploma of Ministry or Theology, a strong biblical background and model Christian character and integrity. A history of regular church attendance is also a requirement of the position.
A First Aid Certificate is required or must be undertaken within the first three months of employment and a current Working with Children ‘Blue Card’ is essential.
Experience working with secondary students will be highly valued.
The key responsibilities of the position are:
- Deliver high quality, biblically based Chapel services and devotions
- Support the spiritual development of the College students and wider community with a particular responsibility towards the Secondary School.
- Contribute to the pastoral care of the College students with a particular responsibility towards the Secondary School.
- Participate in school camps and events.
- Support the College mission program for outreach and justice.
- Contribute to the teaching and learning program.
All the details are in the Position Description.
Only applications that are accompanied by the GCC Non-Teaching Application form will be considered.
Applications close: Thursday 12 December 2019
Interviews will be held on 18 December 2019
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastor for Discipleship & Ministry – Liberti Carrara
The Pastor for Discipleship & Ministry lives in the world of equipping, community, and leadership. Ministering in a full-time capacity, this pastor serves Liberti Carrara by providing day-to-day oversight of church staff, gospel communities, ministries, and pastoral care. Functioning as an Associate Pastor, this role carries a high level of leadership responsibility at Liberti Carrara, and therefore requires a high level of integrity, pastoral gifting, chemistry with staff, and trust. The Pastor for Discipleship & Ministry ensures that Liberti has a culture of disciple-making disciples, through developing and deepening church member participation in meaningful community, ministry, and mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (1) LEADERSHIP
- Oversee the day to day ministry health of Liberti Carrara.
- Works closely with the Pastor for Preaching & Vision in accomplishing the church’s mission by evaluating ministry effectiveness, discernment, decision making, and planning.
- Provide oversight of pastoral care at Liberti Carrara, delegating to elder team as necessary.
- Provide oversight for the following Sunday Team Leaders: Connect, Hospitality, Welcome, Host.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (2) DISCIPLESHIP
- Responsible for overall health of Gospel Communities and GC Leaders.
- Prepares weekly discussion questions to be sent out to all GC Leaders.
- Responds to each weekly GC Leader feedback form with encouragement and counsel to GC Leaders.
- Creates and maintains a pipeline of potential GC Leaders, and oversees the process for launching new Gospel Communities around the Gold Coast.
- Facilitates the interview process for new GC Leaders.
- Develops a scalable coaching structure that effectively supports GC Leaders.
- Works with Pastor for Teaching & Vision in preparing and leading monthly leadership training nights
- Provides oversight to Women’s Ministry, Youth Ministry, and mid-week training events.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (3) PASTORAL CARE
- Oversees process for welcoming new people into Liberti Carrara.
- Available to pray for and shepherd church members at all Sunday worship gatherings.
- Takes the lead on pastoral care for Liberti Carrara members, delegating as needed to rest of elder team.
- Provides pre-marriage counselling with dating/engaged couples at Liberti Carrara
- Able to officiate weddings and funerals as required
RESPONSIBILITIES: (4) TEACHING
- Supports the Pastor for Preaching & Vision through teaching at our Sunday gatherings at Liberti Carrara (estimated 12-18 Sundays/year)
- Supports other Lead Pastors across our Liberti family of churches (Liberti Coomera & Liberti Mermaid Beach) by preaching as needed (estimated 6-8 Sundays/year)
- Planning mid-week training courses that run quarterly throughout the year
- Assisting other elders with teaching through gospel-partnership course
- Fulfills the character qualifications of elder/pastor as taught in the Scriptures (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4)
- Has a gospel-centred lens through which they view God’s Word, their life, and their ministry
- Able to preach God’s Word accurately, passionately, convincingly, and Christologically. The ideal candidate has a strong teaching gift, but does not have the itch to exercise it on a weekly basis.
- Is a man who is unmistakably marked by a life of prayer.
- Displays humility and teachability, is a ‘learner’ in the sense that they know they haven’t yet ‘arrived’.
- Shows relational warmth and an ability to communicate winsomely and wisely in both spoken/written forms.
- Trustworthy: Has the experience and maturity to handle sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Resilient: knows how to take a hit, rehearse the gospel, lean into the Holy Spirit, and keep going.
- Strong interpersonal skills: can engage and influence people of different backgrounds and levels of seniority.
- Dependable, flexible, and proactive: can get a lot done with limited direction & basic instructions
- Role-models an organized and disciplined life, sets high standards and supports those standards with practical routines.
- At least three years of experience in pastoral leadership and a proven track record of developing and empowering leaders.
- Ability to foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration among Liberti staff.
- While a theological degree is preferable, it is not essential. There must however be a very strong grasp of God’s Word.
- Agrees with and promotes the Values andBeliefs of Liberti Church.
- Theological convictions must include: Reformed, Continuationist, and Complementarian.
The Pastor for Discipleship & Ministry works closely with and reports to the Pastor for Preaching & Vision at Liberti Carrara and the Liberti Elder Team, and alongside the other Liberti Staff.
Interviews: We will be gathering applications from potential candidates over the coming months, with plans to begin interviews in the early part of 2020.
Hours: This is a full time position (45+ hours per week).
Start date:Negotiable, though the ideal candidate will be able to begin between March 2020 – July 2020, allowing them time to transition well out of their current responsibilities.
To Apply, visit liberti.church/jobs/