Come and join the team to reach people from all nations in Footscray, Melbourne.
Laneway Church is a new church in Footscray that longs and prays for people from all nations to
hear, see and experience the gospel of Jesus Christ. We’re a gospel-centred, Bible-driven
church, committed to making deep disciples of Christ in ever increasing number for the love of
our neighbour and the glory of God.
Laneway Church has grown as a multicultural church reaching young adults and families in
Melbourne’s inner-west. We’re an active member of the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical
Churches, and we structure our church’s ministry around 5 purposes: Magnification, Mission,
Membership, Maturity and Ministry.
We are seeking an Associate Pastor who will focus on reaching the lost and building the church
through leading two of these purposes. Our preference is for a man who can focus on
Magnification as his primary responsibility, as outlined below, but we will structure around the
person first and their gifts.
A more detailed position description for the role of championing magnification is included below.
The Associate Pastor will champion the purpose of Magnification by leading Laneway Church to
glorify God and joyfully love him with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength, and will engage
our local community in church gatherings that are a compelling witness to Christ.
Associate Pastor Magnification Responsibilities
The Associate Pastor will champion the purpose of magnification through shaping the
culture of church to magnify God through teaching, infectious personal example, godly
leadership and prayer, and working in and with the Magnification team.
The Associate Pastor will shape the culture of Sunday gatherings, so that people
- Hear the gospel clearly
- Are moved to love Jesus with all their heart, soul, mind and strength
- Do business with God
- Wish their non-Christian friends were here
- From diverse cultural backgrounds are engaged
Build leaders and teams
The Associate Pastor will build and lead teams and coach leaders involved in Sunday
gatherings, and other prayer and praise ministries (e.g. Laneway Unplugged), including the
- Service coordination and leading
- Interviews and stories
- Vibe and venue layout
Plan and lead for growth
The Associate Pastor will work with the lead pastor and leadership team to create and
implement plans to help Laneway Church move through growth stages.
He will build Sunday gatherings that connect with people from a variety of cultures who are
de-churched or have never been to church.
The Associate Pastor will be a man who meets the qualifications of Titus 1:5-9, 1 Timothy 3:1-7,
and 1 Peter 5:1-4, and who agrees with the theological convictions of Laneway Church and who
is captured by the vision, mission and values of Laneway Church.
A foundational commitment to prayer
Driven by the Bible
Desperate for conversion
A deep love for Jesus
Genuinely cares for people
Can inspire and empower volunteers
Can build effective teams and lead leaders
Humble and teachable
Entrepreneurial gifts, with an ability to analyse, strategise and problem solve
A gifted personal communicator and musician
Has experience in, and an understanding of team ministry (5M’s/Purpose
Has experience and confidence in raising financial support for ministry.
Skilled with communications
Theological qualification (or be pursuing theological study)
The role is for 5 days per week (negotiable).
A full-time option is desirable. Full-time remuneration will initially depend upon the candidate’s
ability to support raise to complement their salary. The goal is that over 1-3 years the position will
be fully funded from within church due to numerical and financial growth.
The salary package is calculated according to our remuneration guidelines and is dependent
upon experience, qualifications and life package.
Applications Close 6th October
Ideal commencement date: January 2020 (we will wait for the right candidate).
To apply or enquire more details about this job, please send a cover letter that addresses the
requirements, and a copy of your resume to our Lead Pastor Joshua Allen at
Josh@lanewaychurch.com.au, or call on 0431747370.
For more information regarding Laneway Church feel free to browse Facebook and our website.
Pastor at Crossroads Christian Church, Canberra
Crossroads Christian Church, Canberra are looking for a pastor to join the team in 2021, who could lead a congregation through their godly example and preaching abilities.
English Congregation Pastor at Austral Asian Christian Church
(Initial 1 year contract with possibility to extend)
- Preach the Word of God on a regular basis
- Provide pastoral care for an English-speaking congregation with an Asian background
- Provide support to the English-Speaking Children’s Ministry (Awana)
- Provide leadership and training for leaders, including one-on-one mentoring on a regular basis
- Discipleship of current leadership team with the vision of training them to mature spiritually to then train up the next group of potential upcoming leaders
- Collaborate with the greater church body to provide a future vision
- Worship – Oversee the running of worship and ensure that biblical practices are followed
- Evangelism – Perform outreach activities
- Holder of at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Theology (or equivalent)
- Capable of fluently preaching in English
- Demonstrated passion for pastoral care, i.e. previous experience
- Experienced in one-on-one mentoring
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively in a team and effective time-management/organisational skills
- Has the right to abode and work in Australia
- Ability to preach in another language such as Mandarin/Cantonese
- Familiar with the Australian and Chinese culture, and preferably living/ have lived in Australia
- Able to provide worship training
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Northern District Chinese Christian Church Sydney (NDCCCS) is an inter-denominational church which has been serving the Marsfield / Epping community for more than 30 years. We have Sunday services which meet in English, Cantonese and Mandarin in two locations – with regular attendance of around 300 in Cantonese services, around 120 in the English service, around 50 in the Mandarin service and a growing children’s ministry of around 100 children.
We are looking for full-time Chinese pastors, one each of the Cantonese and Mandarin services, who will lead the church together with the pastoral team to excel into a new era. Together with the leaders and congregations, to live out the great commission given by our Lord and in other ministries, helping everyone in renewal of our spiritual life and to maturity for his use.
- Theological qualification from a recognised evangelical seminary
- An evangelical approach to the Bible, Christian doctrine, and Ministry
- A passion to preach God’s word faithfully and a desire to grow in Bible exposition and application
- A deep personal relationship with Christ and reliance on his Spirit for wisdom and strength
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Willing to work as part of the pastoral team
- Sensitive to different cultural backgrounds of church members and the community around us
- Fluent Cantonese and/or English (Mandarin is desirable)
BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION (position will be tailored to the person’s skills, gifts and ministry interests)
- Preach and teach the word of God
- Provide care and counselling to members
- Initiate, develop and lead specific programmes, ministries and events for parents and young adults
- Recruit, mentor and train leaders
- Play an active role in supporting and communicating between ministry teams and the pastoral team
- Facilitate growing disciples and leaders through nurture grounds, Sunday school and discipleship groups.
Application consisting of a cover letter, CV, three references and a sermon audio should be forwarded to the Pastor Searching Committee at email@example.com before 31st July 2020. For further inquiries, please contact Paul We +61 410 319 800 or our office +612 9869 1772 and visit our website www.ndcccs.org.au for more information about our church.