Religious Instruction – Wilston State School
Grange Baptist Church are eagerly seeking volunteer teachers in order to reboot the RI programme at Wilston State School.
As an unchurched kid, the first time I can remember hearing the gospel was from Mr Frisbee in grade 7 CRI (Christians Religious Instruction) at my state primary school. That led to a conversation at home with my backslidden step dad, which brought us to church occasionally where more of the gospel came my way, which brought me to repentance and faith in Jesus at 16. Needless to say, I reckon that if schools are inviting us in to teach God’s word to the kids, and 70% of the Wilston State School parents are opting them in (which they are), then that’s an opportunity not to let slip by us easily.
But we need volunteer teachers in order to pull it off.
Classes are likely to start from term 2, and they are weekly, on Fridays, from 2-3pm. Teachers typically teach two 30-minute classes, back to back, of the same age group, and so are repeating the same content. The syllabus is via the Sydney Anglicans and is solid, and training is provided.
If you think you can help us out by either 1) being a teacher yourself, or 2) putting out an announcement at your church or Bible college, I’d love to hear from you!
With love in Christ,
Grange Baptist Church
Position Description – Associate Pastor
Location: St Lucia, Brisbane, QLD
Job Type: full time
Start Date: Early 2023
Who is St Lucia Bible Church.
St Lucia Bible Church is a Reformed Evangelical Church and a member of the FIEC (Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches). We have been meeting in St Lucia near UQ or on UQ for 26 years. Currently there are two congregations. One family congregation meeting at Ironside State School with people from many nations in attendance and a second meeting at the University of Queensland of an evening, primarily consisting of university students. Our desire is to present Christ to everyone and present everyone mature in Christ.
We are committed to making mature and equipped disciples of Jesus.
Under God we are looking for a man with the Character, Convictions, Competency and Capacity to be part of our senior ministry team to oversee the connecting and maturity portfolios primarily at our morning congregation.
Position description: Associate Pastor SLBC
The role is primarily one which ensures the integration of newcomers and pastoral care of those in our church. As such it is necessarily people intensive with occasional preaching duties. It is envisaged that this will be a fulltime position subject to God providing the ongoing finances to fund it.
Associate Pastor: Expectations
1. Character – We require a 1 Timothy 3 qualified man who can:
b. Be seen growing in teachability, humility and submission to God’s word
c. Demonstrate their pastoral heart for others.
d. Willingly be part of a team and lead other teams in ministry
c. That Heaven and hell are real
d. The Cross of Christ is central to salvation
e. Life is short and so the task of evangelism is urgent
f. Love compels us to take the gospel to all people everywhere
b. Demonstrate a proven track record of caring for people both individually and systematically.
c. Ably equip the saints for ministry.
d. Oversee the welcoming and connection of newcomers at SLBC primarily at Morning church and the administration that goes with it. This will be done primarily as you Equip, train and lead a team of people to welcome and follow up people along our membership pathway
e. Lead our morning church growth group ecosystem by casting vision and providing encouragement, equipping and timely resourcing for our men’s, women’s and mixed groups.
f. Establish new Growth Groups to ensure the capacity to cater for ongoing growth
h. Facilitate the connection of members at Unichurch into the homes of Morning church members
i. Perform relevant administrative work as required
j.Recruit and train othersin the following levels of leadership.
• Identify, train and nurture leaders for your teams.
• Empower team leaders to recruit, train and nurture new members to their teams.
b.Work from home in the environment of a church without property
c.Preachpubliclyon occasion as determined by the senior pastor.
d.Lead and participate in other activities as agreed to from time to time within the staff team environment
b.Ideally around 5years pastoralteamministry experience.
To apply or get more information, please send expressions of interest to
Roy Davidson, email@example.com or call 0419 761 882.
Position Description – Youth Worker
The Anglican Church of Noosa (ACN) has congregations at Sunshine Beach, Tewantin and Peregian.
We are seeking a Youth Worker to reach young people in the Noosa district based in Peregian. This
is a part-time position 2/3 days week including Friday or Saturday, and Sunday.
Our Vision is: Living to Love and Proclaim Jesus.
- We are passionate about loving Jesus because he first loved us.
- We are passionate about proclaiming Jesus, sharing the Good News.
Our Values are:
- Christ-centred, Bible-based, Spirit-led, and Mission-shaped.
Our Youth Worker will be a person who loves young people and is passionate about helping them
to encounter God through His Word and people. She or he will be able to teach and inspire young
people to know and love Jesus.
Our Youth Worker may have significant training and experience or be just starting out in youth
work. We are keen to work with the successful applicant to develop their skills and experience. We
especially value theological training.
This person will work closely with the Peregian Church Minister to:
- -Raise up joyful followers of Jesus.
- Identify, encourage and train prospective leaders from within the church.
- Build on our Breakfast Club (Bible Study for 10-16 year olds Sunday mornings during the
9.30am church service).
- Supplement and expand our occasional Friday or Saturday evening youth gatherings to become
a flourishing Youth Group.
- Encourage youth participation from all three centres in the Parish.
- Plan and carry out fun, engaging youth gatherings that promote faith in Jesus and engagement
with the Bible.
- Consider the transitions for children growing into Youth Group and teenagers growing into
- Be a leader with whom a variety of young people can connect.
- Be a spiritual role model and example of Jesus’ love.
- Participate in wider ACN events (Peregian, Tewantin & Sunshine Beach).
The successful applicant will
- Have an obvious love for Jesus and His people.
- Believe the Bible is the authoritative Word of God 2 Timothy 3:16,17.
- Have the qualities of 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
- Have a good grasp of the Gospel and be able to lead someone to Christ and disciple them in the
- Be able to work with others, recruiting and encouraging volunteers in the team.
- Commit to the vision, values and mission of the Anglican Church of Noosa.
- Maintain the safe ministry practices of the Anglican Church Southern Queensland.
All ACN staff must hold a Blue Card, complete a National Police History Check, and uphold the
standards outlined in the Anglican Church of Australia’s Faithfulness in Service code of personal
behaviour for church workers. All Diocesan procedures must be followed.
Remuneration taking into account training and experience will be offered in accord with the
regulations of the Anglican Church Southern Queensland.
Enquiries should be directed to our Senior Minister:
Rev’d Chris Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org
0427 586 568
Anglican Church of Noosa
PO Box 342
Tewantin QLD 4565
Please submit your current resume, an application letter addressing the Position Description, and
contact details of at least two referees.
Applications Close 28th February 2023
Bribie Island Baptist Church
YOUTH/YOUNG ADULTS WORKER
Bribie Baptist is looking to employ a youth/young adult worker for 2-3 days a week on a 12 month contract in 2023 (with the hope of it being longer). We’re looking to employ someone who is passionate about the bible and working with youth and young adults within our community. This is a great opportunity for someone who feels God’s call on their life to teach, lead and nurture young people questioning and seeking God.
If you’re interested in applying for the position, please email the church at email@example.com for a Job Description.
Chaplain – Bremer State High School
This position is 22.8 hours (3 days) per week.
Start date will be Term 1, 2023. (27/02/2023)
Ipswich, Valley, Somerset
SU Chaplaincy District
Before starting your application, make sure you have read through all theonline resources about applying to be a Chaplain.
Please note there are minimum qualifications to being a Chaplain. You can view these requirementshere (PDF). An opportunity for a Government waiver may apply in certain rural and remote areas.
When applying for this position:
the following documents will need to be uploaded:
- Right to work documents such as Australian or New Zealand birth certificate or passport; Australian Citizenship Certificate; Certificate of evidence of resident status; Copy of valid visa with work rights
- A copy of your current Working with Children Check (Blue Card) with details and
- Proof of your current relevant qualifications including academic transcripts
It is recommended that you have these documents available for upload before commencing your application.
Generations Leader (Job Description)
Christ Community Church was planted in 2004 with the purpose of living to enjoy and declare the wonders of God’s grace in Christ for the good of Brisbane, Australia and the world. To see this come to fruition, by God’s enablement, our mission is to Mobilise Disciple Makers. That is, we desire to see God use us so that Gospel transformation will be multiplied across generations and locations.
Our church meets on Sunday mornings at QAMSAT in Toowong with 260 people regularly attending. This includes over 100 children, the majority of these are under 10. We are a member of the FIEC (Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches).
Currently our church is organised into four ministry sections.
- Gather (we Gather together to celebrate Jesus’ victory over sin and death)
- Grow (we Grow together in love for Christ and one another)
- Go (We Go together for the sake of Christ and the World)
- Generations (We enjoy and declare Christ so that the Generations would Gather, Grow and Go)
Further information about our beliefs and values can be found at our website.
While the Gather, Grow and Go Sections provide an overall pathway towards knowing, growing and serving Jesus; the Generations Section focusses on children, youth, and stages of life ministries.
We are looking for someone on a full-time basis to fill the role of Generations Leader.
Opportunity before the Generations Section
These are some of the opportunities before Christ Community Church in the Generation Section. We hope that these opportunities will captivate the heart of the successful applicant.
The Next Generation
There are over 100 children who are regularly a part of our church. The majority of these are under 10. On top of this, 20 or so youth (10 years +) regularly gather in small discipleship groups to be invested in each week. We are looking for someone to support and lead ministry teams that declare the wonders of God’s grace to our children and youth in the hope that our children are captivated by God’s love, eager to learn His truth, and are established as active partners within the body of Christ. We long to see dozens of baptisms and confirmations among our church kids in the coming years.
Reaching the Lost
We hope to help the thousands of children and youth in our local community with the good news of Jesus. We currently partner with other local churches (notably St Lucia Bible Church) to reach more youth. In the coming years, a Generations Leader will help us plant our own Friday Night Youth Group to reach more youth in our local area. The Generations Leader will also have responsibility over our already established annual Kids Holiday Club for primary school kids. These, along with possible new initiatives are designed to both help our church kids grow, and also invite and include other kids to hear and respond to the Gospel. We long to see dozens of baptisms of kids and youth who are not yet a part of our church in the coming years.
Parents are the primary disciple-makers of their children. A Generations Leader will help us envision and equip parents to bring up their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, while being sensitive to all those who are part of our church family, including those who are single and/or without children. We hope to foster a culture where our children know they are loved and valued by our whole church family. We long for all parents to be passionate and equipped to disciple their children, and for our whole church community to assist parents in the Christian nurture of their children.
Our church values the different perspectives, gifts, energy, and wisdom evident in people at different stages of life. The Bible gives us a model of more mature believers investing and encouraging those who are younger in the faith. There is therefore opportunity to enable those with experience and wisdom to pass that on to help others through new life transitions. For example, the Generations Leader will help encourage and put in place ways where singles are upheld, marriages are supported, new graduates are mentored, and new parents are cared for. We long to be a church where we help one another through the challenges of life, so that God would be glorified.
One Generation declaring God to the Next
Our church has dozens of young adults involved or graduated from our Uni Impact ministry. This provides an incredible opportunity for young adults to be mobilised to reach the next generation. The Generations Leader will help envision and equip young adults, and our whole church to reach the next generation. We long to be a church where labourers are mobilised and multiplied to declare God’s grace in Christ to the next generation.
The successful applicant will be a Christian man or woman who lives to enjoy and declare the wonders of God’s grace in Christ. He or she will be faithful, teachable, interdependent, and humble.
The right person is more important to us than being a complete fit for the role. We are happy to tailor the role to some degree to suit the attributes and abilities of the successful candidate. However, the following provide an overview of some of the expectations of the role:
- Collaborate with Senior Pastor and senior leaders to envision our church, particularly advocating for reaching the Next Generation.
- Responsible for implementing the vision and strategy for the Next Generation Ministry Section.
- Recruit, train, and support leaders so that they can humbly and ably serve.
- Show pastoral sensitivity towards parents and be able to envision and equip them to disciple their children.
- The ability to relate well with all ages and stages of life. Particularly being able to teach, admonish, and encourage children and youth in both smaller and larger groups.
- Depending upon the willingness, attributes and capacity of the successful applicant, there could be a preaching element to the role, however this is not essential to the role.
Attributes for the role
Each staff member at Christ Community Church is called to grow and serve out of Conviction, Character and Competence.
- Hold to and explain the Gospel of Grace
- Explain why Scripture is powerful, trustworthy and transformative
- Explain the big story of the Bible (Biblical Theology)
- Encourage joy/diligence in relationship with God
- Vision for our whole church family declaring God’s grace to the next Generation, our neighbours and the nations
- Love for outsiders and the vulnerable
- Obedience to God’s word in thinking, attitudes, actions
- Identify ungodly motivations
- Servant heart – use gifts in uncomfortable and humbling situations
- Demonstrate reliability
- A heart eager to serve and meet needs as they arise
- Demonstrate persistence in daily Scripture and prayer
- Encourage the Team
- Be subject and loyal to leadership
- Respond to conflict in love
- Humbly respond to feedback
- Trustworthy with responsibilities
- Support others to flourish for the sake of the Kingdom
Our expectations of competence will vary depending upon the existing gifts and passions of the staff member, and the opportunities available. The post would suit someone who has some ministry experience (not necessarily in a paid capacity); likewise theological education would be helpful but is not a requirement. The following are attributes that are needed for the role:
- Demonstrated ability/experience to create and implement strategy to achieve our church vision
- Demonstrated ability/experience to envision, coach, support and equip leaders-of-leaders
- Demonstrated ability/experience to help others grow in godliness
- Advocate for Gather, Grow, Go and Generations ministries complimenting one-another
If you have any enquiries about this role, please contact Debb Faulkner at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking for someone to begin this role early in 2023.
To apply for the role, please submit your application using the online form:
Darebin Presbyterian Church
Could you be a new member of our Staff Team?
Part-time position at Darebin Presbyterian Church, initial focus on children’s and youth with opportunities in other areas
Could you be the right person to join the staff team at Darebin Presbyterian Church (DPC)? You would partner with us in discipling the people in our church and reaching out to our community with the gospel. We currently have two full-time pastors and we hope that you could expand that paid staff team.
We are a growing church in Melbourne’s inner north with a large number of children and youth. We want to empower parents to be the primary disciplers of their children, but we also want to play our role in helping children to feel warmly welcomed in our church, to meaningfully participating in church life, to engage with God’s Word in age-appropriate ways, and to come to a deep and growing trust in Christ. Our many volunteers serving in children’s and youth ministries do a wonderful job, but they would benefit from a leader who can envision, support, train, and guide them.
Therefore, you would have an initial focus in children’s and youth ministries to enable them to flourish. You will need to have a heart for children and youth and a solid biblical and theological knowledge so as to choose a teaching curriculum that is suitable for the children at DPC.
While your initial focus will be in children’s and youth ministry, we hope that you will become a long-term member of our staff team and can explore other DPC ministry opportunities over time.
To this end, we are offering a 3 day per week position with 2 days per week focused in children’s and youth ministry and 1 day per week focused in mission ministries. While we believe reaching the lost for Christ is an area we particularly need more assistance in, we would be willing to discuss with you alternate options for this 1 day per week such as pastoral care, discipleship or training.
A typical week for you could involve checking in with volunteers as they prepare lessons for Sunday or our church service’s kids spot, attending a staff meeting, planning a training event, preparing resources with the pastors to help families grow in faith together, and participating directly in children’s and youth ministry when possible.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Seeking a Senior Pastor
North Haven Baptist Church
Children’s Ministry Coordinator Job Description
The Children’s Coordinator is directly responsible for leading the children’s ministry at Gympie Church of Christ. Responsibilities include running the Sunday children’s program, equipping children into junior ministry roles and leading a team of adult volunteers over the children programs. This role is part-time and has flexibility in # of days worked with a compensation up to $45K per year. 2 year contract with options for extension.
Gympie Church of Christ is a lovely church of 120 people on a Sunday, we’re growing and our children’s Sunday School has around 30 kids ages 2-12. We love Jesus, love the word and hope to find someone who will share that passion with the next generation of young people.
Qualifications and Lifestyle Expectations
- Be a born again Christian with an active relationship with Christ. Live a lifestyle that emulates thanksgiving for the grace that the Lord has given to them through Jesus.
- Have the call to serve in children’s ministry as a vessel of His great love for them, with a heart of gentleness and kindness to guide and nurture children from all walks of life.
- Strong organisational, leadership, and communicative skills. Can work well independently and cooperatively.
- A passion for leading and building volunteer teams.
Responsibilities (Depending on # of days worked)
- To oversee the Sunday morning Sunday School for all age groups (3yr to yr6+) which will include plan, prepare and execute the Sunday School program. We currently have 2 children groups, but looking to expand to 3.
- To plan biblical, engaging and age-appropriate content for each age group.
- To be available to help Children’s roles in special events such as Christmas Carol concert, Easter and the Hallelujah Party.
- Encourage, equip and empower senior Sunday school children into the ministry that the Lord has put on their heart for them to join.
- Coordinate and communicate the Sunday School roster with volunteers.
- Attend and contribute to once-a-month ministry coordinator meetings.
- Maintain excellent relationships and open communication with the Pastor, elders, ministry leaders and volunteers.
- To look at creating/developing/decorating a wonderful child-space out of a building we have ready to use (starting in 2024) for Children’s Ministry.
The role will be one (1) to three (3) days a week. Salary ranging from $15,100 – $45,300 depending on # days working.
Send expressions of interest to Kevin Dunn at email@example.com.
Cantonese Congregation Ministry Pastor
Toowong Baptist Church of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia is seeking a full-time Cantonese Congregation Ministry Pastor to join their team. Toowong Baptist Church is a vibrant, multicultural community with Cantonese, Mandarin and International-English speaking ministries seeking to connect people to God and each other through the Good News of Jesus Christ. It also has children and youth ministry programs with the sole aim of leading our next generation to Christ our Lord and Saviour.
The main responsibilities of the successful candidate will involve preaching, teaching and assuming the pastoral role through building relationships with members while ministering to their spiritual needs and outreach to embrace newcomers into the church.
The candidate should:
- Have a sense of calling to ministry and concur with our church statement of faith;
- Have recognised theological qualifications;
- Be fluent in Cantonese (reading, writing and speaking);
- Be confident in English (reading, writing and speaking);
- Have comprehensive pastoral ministry experience;
- Be mature and committed, set godly examples to believers in personal life; and
- Be eligible to work in Australia, however, overseas applicants are welcome.
Please send your resume, brief testimony of knowing Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour, calling to ministry to or for more information, please contact the TBC Pastoral Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oasis Church, on the northside of Brisbane, is seeking a qualified and experienced person to join our staff team and provide leadership to Oasis Youth and its ministries.
Our Story So Far
Oasis Church began over 70 years ago as a church plant led by immigrants in the Brisbane CBD. Since then, our story has been marked by the sacrificial devotion of many and the unwavering faithfulness of God. Today, we are a community of roughly 500 people from all different backgrounds and walks of life, united by the shared purpose to help more people find life in Jesus. You would join a supportive staff team of both men and women with a strong culture shaped by God’s grace and motivated by God’s mission.
The Youth Pastor will be a person of exceptional character with a passion to help young people discover true and lasting life in Jesus. They will enthusiastically serve as part of a broader team, bringing leadership to Oasis Youth and its various programs and ministries.
This position is for a full-time role. There is flexibility around start date.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The Youth Pastor will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Oasis Youth and its various programs and ministries. This will include:
- Providing leadership, training, discipleship and pastoral care to the young people of Oasis Church.
- Overseeing key programs and ministries of Oasis Youth (e.g., Friday night youth, Claim of Faith course, connection to nearby school communities).
- Overseeing and collaborating with the Youth Worker and any other Youth Interns.
- Preparing and delivering biblical, relevant, and compelling Bible talks as required at Friday night youth or in local high schools.
- Functioning as part of the Oasis Church staff team, helping to provide leadership, shepherding, care, teaching and wisdom.
- Providing leadership and assistance for Oasis Youth Adults (depending on skill-set of candidate).
Key Competency & Character Requirements
The following skills and experience are desirable for the fulfilment of this role:
- A robust understanding of the Scriptures and the centrality of Jesus Christ.
- A desire to pursue life in Jesus, shown through an obvious trust in Jesus’ finished work, a growing knowledge of God’s Word, and a deepening devotion to prayer.
- A commitment to life together, shown through a commitment to gathering regularly with God’s people, building genuine relationships, and using gifts to serve.
- A devotion to life for others, shown through a deep love for the lost and desire to share the good news of Jesus’ death and resurrection.
- Ability to preach, teach and train in both gathered and one-to-one settings.
- Ability to support and lead leaders and large volunteer teams.
- A strong ‘team player’ mentality, ideally with experience in team ministry.
- Excellence in skills such as time-management, written and verbal communication, personal organisation, and meeting engagement.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in youth-specific ministry.
- Either completed or willing to undertake college-level theological training.
- A commitment to broadly Reformed theology. Oasis Church is a member church of the Christian Reformed Church of Australia.
All Oasis Church staff must hold a current Blue Card, complete a National Police History Check that returns no disclosed outcomes that would exclude them from the role, and uphold the standards outlined in the Member’s Commitment.
To express your interest or apply for this role, please send your resume along with references from people who have served alongside you in a ministry context or are familiar with your relevant skills for this role.
Applications or expressions of interest can be sent to our Lead Pastor, Adam Schoenmaker, at email@example.com.
Southside Bible Church Job Vacancy
Southside Bible Church is a Reformed evangelical, Christ-centred and evangelistically focussed church in southern Canberra.
We are looking for an Assistant Pastor to join our team to oversee the children and youth ministries and to mobilise the church for local mission.
Our mission statement:
We exist to BUILD the church as a loving community, REACH people with the gospel of grace, and MAKE disciples who know and obey the Bible.
- 3-year degree in theology – BTh, MDiv or equivalent (or close to completing such).
- A man of Christian Character, Conviction and Competency with demonstrated experience in ministry under Reformed Evangelical principles.
- Ministry Apprenticeship or experience as an Assistant in another church, ideally having experienced some gospel growth.
For inquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0421 130 343
Position Title: Chaplain
Award: Educational Services (Schools) General Staff Award 2020
Classification: Wellbeing Services – Grade 2, Level 4
Commencement Date: TBC
Full-time/Part-time: Part-time (33.5hrs/week)
Weeks worked per year: 40 weeks (term-time)
Reports to: Principal
Direct reports: N/A
Cooloola Christian College is committed to providing a child safe environment where students feel, and are, safe. The College maintains a zero tolerance for child abuse. Every person involved in the College has a responsibility to understand the important and specific role they play, both individually and collectively, to ensure that the wellbeing and safety of all students is at the forefront of every decision they make.
The Chaplain of Cooloola Christian College will model unconditional love demonstrated and taught by Jesus Christ, as recorded in the Bible. This will be manifested in unconditional love and care for all members of the school community. The Chaplain will therefore be a person whose beliefs and lifestyle reflect a Biblical understanding of a commitment to the teachings, life and person of Jesus Christ and is able to subscribe fully to the Cooloola Christian College’s Confession of Faith.
The Chaplain is accountable to the Principal and must abide by the Staff code of Conduct.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ
- Be actively involved in a local evangelical Christian Church
- Fully subscribe to the College’s Confession of Faith
- Hold a current, valid “Blue Card” from the Queensland Government Blue Card Services for the purposes of child-related employment, or a current, valid registered teacher’s exemption
- Ideally has or is currently completing a minimum qualification of a Certificate IV in Ministry
- Be aware of the nature of the College’s curriculum, plans, organisational structure and personnel
- Be willing to work in accordance with the Cooloola Christian College Chaplaincy Code of Conduct
- Demonstrate ability to:
- Provide appropriate duty of care for young people
- Set appropriate professional and interpersonal boundaries
- Establish effective self-care and accountability practices
- Fulfil the physical requirements of the role
Consistent with the Protestant, Biblical basis of the College:
- Meet regularly with the Principal for prayer and planning
- Take recreational leave during school holidays. Taking recreation leave during the school term should only occur in exception circumstances as approved by the Principal
- Participate in the College Induction program
- Complete mandatory Cooloola Christian College’s Student Protection and Workplace Health & Safety training
- Attend releveant professional development activities as approved by the Principal to ensure the quality and integrity of the service
- Compile and retain secure storage of chaplain’s activities
- Be subject to the reasonable directions of the College Prinicpal
Individual Pastoral Care
- Provide pastoral care to students in need
- Build positive relationships with students, staff and families by interacting at lunchtime and before and after school
- Organise lunchtime programs to offer support avenues for students who feel bullied or excluded from the general College population
- Provide resources and support to staff in the area of pastoral care
- Report any cases where the safety of students is at risk using the appropriate forms
- Implement approved programs with selected small groups
- Facilitate “Chappy’s room” program to provide a safe place for students to interact
- Where equipped, may facilitate training of staff in the areas of student mental health and/or general wellbeing
- Liaise regularly with Pastoral Care teachers and the Biblical / Christian Studies Teacher / Coordinator
- Work with and complement the Primary and Secondary Chapel coordinators
- Encourage Christian discipleship among the student body
- Provide pastoral care and support following Critical Incidents
- Participate in and assist with the College’s camps and excursions, ministry and mission trips
- Be an active presence at sports days, Thanksgiving Evenings, Commencement Service, Pastoral Care classes, Staff meetings, assemblies and other College special events
- Make contact with students who are absent from school due to family bereavement or hospital stay or long term medical conditions
- Support new students and parents transition into the school community
- Contribute form time to time to the College newsletter reporting on Chaplaincy activities
- Network with and organise, with Principal’s approval, involvement in the College by external Christian programs and organisations (e.g. Cooloola Christian Radio; Associated Church Pastors)
- Facilitate regular prayer for the school and the school community
Linking with the Community
- Liaise with the Principal and help facilitate fund raising activities and promote students awareness of the needs of others
- Liaise with the Principal, church youth groups and leaders and other para-church organisations in order to encourage student participation in a range of ministries and youth programmes
- Link with local youth services providers and make appropriate referrals when required
- Contact, through visitation and/or via newsletters, associated churches to promote the Chaplaincy Service of Cooloola Christian College
Any public media attention relating specifically to the chaplain or the chaplaincy service within the College will be subject to the approval of the Principal before being sent to media service.
For more information or to apply, please visit https://ccc.qld.edu.au/careers/.
Youth/Young Adults Pastor – Full Time
Chuwar Baptist Church
Brisbane • Western Suburbs & Ipswich
Starting:- Jan 2023
Chuwar Baptist Church is situated on 5 acres right on the Warrego Highway at Chuwar, in the North Ipswich area. This is one of the fastest growth corridors in Australia. Karalee, Karana Downs, Ipswich, and West Brisbane suburbs are part of our catchment. We run a Cafe – The Bean Redeemed on Sundays as well as during other church events. The music is lively and contemporary while appreciating the character of God and His Word. Teaching addresses the whole bible via a reading program through the Old Testament once and the New Testament. The next generation need to be inspired, encouraged and equipped and that’s why CBC is focused on developing young leaders within youth and young adults. CBC promotes truth, grace, accountability by developing Christ centered leaders.
Qualifications & experience
- Be actively seeking registration or already registered as a pastor with QB
- You are a young adult actively involved in a successful youth/young adults church ministry, but seeking an opportunity to run your own full time youth and young Adults program.
- Will have a degree in ministry/theology or be enrolled in ministry training at a degree level. Likely finishing this year.
- Have a demonstrated passion, calling and ability to encourage Youth and Young Adults to follow Christ.
- You see the benefits of using your gifts in a local church and want to be involved in an active church that loves the gospel as well as seeking out new ways to share it…especially with your age group and younger.
- You love Jesus and you love His Word. You know that it transforms people and you are a living letter to that fact. You are active in reading and studying the Bible on a daily basis and love sharing its truths with anyone who will listen.
- You come with heaps of ideas and new ways to do things. You love working autonomously, but are open to learning and developing your gift.
- You are definitely one filled with the fruit of the Spirit found in Gal 5:22, 23. You know the importance of unity, truth, peace and grace. You are a peacemaker and have an understanding that submitting to Christ in your role involves respecting the vision and calling of the Senior Pastor.
- You love worship and likely play a musical instrument.
- If you have a partner, they support you 100% in your calling.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Live in the local area – or willing to move out here
- Oversee Friday night Youth ministry
- Oversee Young Adults groups during the week
- Preaching most weeks for evening service
- Restart Axiom – Young Adults evening services in 2023
- Be involved in both CBC Sunday Worship Services
- Meet regularly with the Senior Pastor to discuss planning and vision for programs.
- Definitely an extrovert, no question. Your passion is infectious!
- Full time wage according to QB recommendations
- Autonomy to run programs your way
- Support in restarting Young Adults Axiom services
- Further training in ministry provided.
- Superannuation to your nominated fund
- We listen to you
Send applications to email@example.com or better yet – ring the pastor – 0403 007 202 – Jay Beatty