The position has been vacant for 9 months and the vacancy is due to the retirement of the pastor who had been working with the congregation for the last 10 years. There is a genuine love among the members, who are seeking to stand firm in their faith in a constantly changing society and to boldly proclaim the gospel in Kyogle. The congregation is made up of people of all ages numbering about 30 including several young families.
Kyogle is part of the Casino Parish, which has oversight over and support for the Kyogle congregation.
The applicant needs to be theologically trained, with a Reformed faith and a deep love for Jesus and his word, and preferably have a mission focus. The applicant would work closely with the Session (Eldership) of Casino.
Can you get the word out among your friends and contacts that ‘KPC is seeking a second part-time appointment’ and direct any enquiries to myself or one of the elders? The Session has identified some key areas of ministry and are keen to talk to anyone who may be able to serve. Our thoughts at this point are to find someone to help with youth and young adults. Ideally the Session would bring a proposal to a Congregational Meeting on 10th November. If you’d like to know more please talk with myself or one of the elders.
0423 654 786
Opportunity for Service
After 5 years of service, Surendra and May Wesley have decided to move on from Mt Magnet, WA at the end of 2019 and have accepted a call to Victoria.
This creates an opportunity for a suitably qualified couple to get involved in an exciting ministry that is bearing fruit in a unique location. Current activities include weekly church services, a well-attended Sunday school, town-based outreach and local patrol ministry.
If you have a heart for the lost and a desire to help God’s people grow in maturity, and you have skills in evangelism, one-to-one discipling, preaching and small group leadership, then this might be a role for you.
A track record of effective service as an elder, home missionary or pastor in a Presbyterian Church is desirable, as is some formal theological training. The ministry work in Mt Magnet is a joint work of the Presbytery of WA, APWM and PIM. Please contact Andrew Letcher, CEO of PIM, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 0438 868 964 for an information pack or to express your interest.
Northern District Chinese Christian Church Sydney (NDCCCS) is an inter-denominational church which has been serving the Marsfield / Epping community for more than 30 years. We have Sunday services which meet in English, Cantonese and Mandarin in two locations – with regular attendance of around 350 in Chinese services, around 100 in the English service and 90 children.
We are looking for a full-time children’s pastor who will be able to further develop our Kids for Christ (KFC) children’s ministry (infants to Year 6) with primary role to:
- Oversee children’s ministry, in discipling and training leaders of this ministry;
- Work closely with other pastors and lead the KFC working committee to develop strategies in line with our vision, particularly in our discipleship initiatives;
- Consider an appropriate curriculum and outreach program for children; and
- Oversee and run an evangelistic kids holiday club.
If you have a passion for children work, we want to hear from you. Previous experience in children’s ministry would be highly desirable, but new graduates with experience are encouraged to apple.
The successful applicant will be working closely with the pastoral team in training/support of Sunday school teachers, leaders and helpers.
The applicant should be a mature Christian and ideally would have a Bachelor of Theology from a recognised theological institution, although Diploma holders are also encouraged to apply.
Current theological students who would be interested in a student ministry placement with NDCCCS are also very welcome to make enquiries.
Enquiries: Rev. Douglas Fyfe (0402 746 221) or Wilson Cheung (0402893 421).
JOB TITLE: Pastor/Elder of Hope Reformed Baptist Church
JOB TYPE: Part Time with view to full time
LOCATION: 9/130 Kingston Rd, Underwood, QLD
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: Ministry Leaders Committee
Hope Reformed Baptist Church is an established Church in suburb of Underwood, Logan with an 11-year history. We have approximately 130 active congregants and operate in a newly constructed facility.
The Lead Elder is responsible for leading the church body in functioning as a New Testament Church. The Lead Elder is responsible for providing spiritual instruction and strategic leadership to the members, staff and ministries of the church. The Lead Elder is not responsible for doing all the work, but for seeing that it is done and done properly (1 Corinthians 14:40).
Our Beliefs and values:
We have a passion for God’s Word. We believe that the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God and our supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. We are uncompromising in our commitment to preaching and teaching which is strongly Christ-centred and Gospel-focused. We believe God has made Himself known to the world in Jesus Christ. We believe the Gospel of Jesus is the centrepiece of God’s redemptive plan for all people through the repentance of sin and belief in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We preach the Gospel uncompromisingly for it leads to transformed and Christ-like lives.
About the Person
The Lead Elder will be a man called of God and set apart to the gospel ministry, evangelical in theology, and committed to living and serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in Scripture for such a leader.
The Lead Elder must be a man who exemplifies a godly character, is compassionate in recognising and meeting the needs of others and demonstrates a high level of competence.
- The Lead Elder will be called by the Holy Spirit and confirmed by a body of believers through ordination. (Acts 20:28; Titus 1:5; 1 Timothy 3:1)
- The Lead Elder will equip, educate, and edify the church as mandated in Ephesians 4:11-13.
- The Lead Elder will conform himself to the ministry expectations set forth in 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13.
- The Lead Elder will lead and serve in accord with the expectations set forth in 1 Peter 5:1-3.
- The Lead Elder will exercise biblical authority and carry out a Christian witness as set forth in Hebrews 13:17 and as directed in 2 Timothy 4:1-5.
- The Lead Elder will be qualified to minister in the church as required in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
Biblical Responsibilities of the Role
The responsibilities of the Lead Elder may be outlined in terms of his primary biblical roles as follows:
- Elder/Overseer: the principal leader and vision caster of the church (cf. Acts 20:28; Philippians 1:1; I Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; I Peter 5:1-4).
- Evangelist: models the practice of personal evangelism and ensures that the church is challenged and equipped to be obedient to the Great Commission (cf. II Timothy 4:5; Matthew 28:19).
- Shepherd: models the heart of the Chief Shepherd and ensures that the church is well led, cared for, and protected (cf. Acts 20:28; I Peter 5:1-4).
- Preacher/Teacher: the principal communicator of God’s Word in public worship and ensures that the Church is growing to maturity in Christ (cf. Acts 6:4; Ephesians 4:11; II Timothy 4:1-4; Titus 1:9).
- Equipper: partners with other leaders to empower and equip maturing members for significant service and ministry by discovering, developing, and deploying their spiritual gifts (cf. Ephesians 4:12; II Timothy 2:2).
In addition to the aforementioned responsibilities, the expectations of the Lead Elder will be that he is to:
- Lead and demonstrate effective ways to witness and win the lost to salvation through Jesus Christ.
- Facilitate the general running of the church including to plan and conduct services, developing and preaching sermons at all services and leads in the observance of ordinances (alongside the other Elders).
- Oversee the church’s involvement and contribution to the Great Commission locally and abroad, leading the congregation in effective programs to fulfil the Great Commission with vision, purpose and priority.
- Visits and ministers to members and church attendees and provide pastoral care as needs arise.
- Conducts counselling sessions, performs wedding ceremonies, funeral services and any other formal ceremonies the church may be involved in.
- Works with HRBC Elders, Deacons, other key leadership and staff to carry out the mission and purpose of the church.
- Provides general oversight of all HRBC committees, departments and staff, supervising and evaluating the tasks assigned to each.
- Adheres to the HRBC Constitution, Hope Reformed Baptist Pty Ltd Constitution, as well as Policies and Procedures adopted by the church.
- Represents HRBC in appropriate parachurch organisations and committees outside of the church.
- Offer church discipline to wayward and struggling members and where the need arises, excommunicate any members who prove unrepentant after several warnings.
- Maintains a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord through daily Bible study and prayer.
- Maintains proper priorities at home with his wife and children.
Qualifications and Experience
- A person with considerable merit in regard to their personal character, education, training, conduct, competence and record of service as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-9.
- Proven ability to preach, teach, lead, provide pastoral care, counsel, administrate and equip people.
- Strong alignment with the Hope Reformed Baptist Church’s mission, beliefs and values.
- Degree in Theological studies or similar appropriate to role OR be working towards one.
- Recognised Minister of Religion or the aim to become a recognised minister within the FECA
- Proven ability to preach, teach, lead, provide pastoral care, counsel, administrate and equip people.
- Significant pastoral experience (please specify)
- Previous experience in church oversight
- Previous experience in local and international missions work would be well regarded
- Previous experience in the legal requirements of churches will be beneficial
- Excellent pastoral skills, including all aspects of church life
- Ability to work alongside and co-ordinate teams
- Good organisational skills
- Mentoring/ Discipling skills essential
- Driver’s licence
- Ensure the congregation are pastored effectively – considering spiritual needs and the physical needs of a building, schedules and visitations.
- To consider the wider community of Logan and identify areas of need which can be met by you as a pastor and the church.
- To identify, raise and train people for future ministries.
- To become a vital part of the team of Hope Leaders, adding to the networking, resourcing, training, mentoring and supporting that already exists.
- Photograph of yourself as well as a family photo if relevant
- Graduation certificate from Bible College/ formal theological training
- 2 Recommendation Letters – Certificate of Pastor Ordainment if have one
- Cover Letter of your Ministry philosophy
- 2 Video files of recent sermons
. *Please email all the mentioned documents to church office-
Att: Manager- email@example.com; or mail to PO Box 558 Springwood, QLD, 4127
Church Administrator and Confidential Secretary
Ann Street Presbyterian Church
Status: Permanent Full-time
Hours: 38 Hours per week
Start Date: 1 December or earlier
Ann Street was originally part of the first Presbyterian congregation founded in 1849. We are Brisbane City’s oldest functioning church, currently gathering in three congregations each Sunday. We are a Bible-based church with a heart for the city.
About This Opportunity
As the Church Administrator, you will be responsible for managing the business affairs of the church and working with church members and staff to achieve the church’s missions and objectives. Your key duties would include producing church publications, manage the church roster, oversee the ministry team’s calendar and answering any church-related queries. In addition to acting as the Church Administrator, you will also be acting as a confidential secretary to the Trustees of the Ann Street Presbyterian Church Trust.
Our Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should have strong communication, organisational and interpersonal skills. The candidate must also be able to work both independently and within a flexible team environment.
It would be beneficial for the candidate to have the following skillset: knowledge of computer systems and membership software, namely Elvanto.
A full job description will be available on application.
To discuss this role please contact Rev Linden Fooks at Linden.Fooks@annstreetpcq.org.au
Associate Pastor – Springwood Baptist Church
Springwood Baptist Church is seeking to employ an associate pastor on a full-time basis to oversee the ministry to our young adults.
The key responsibility of the successful applicant will be to lead and inspire the young adults in their spiritual growth and ministry and to develop the next generation of leaders by strong team building and mentoring, developing discipleship culture, and developing strategies for growth in all ministry activities.
Springwood Baptist Church (SBC) is located in lower Blue Mountains west of Sydney and holds 4 services each Sunday for some 400 people. www.springwoodbaptist.org.au
To apply please email your request for a Position Profile and Personal Profile to:
You may also view details of this position online at: https://www.christianjobs.com.au/display-job/26581/Associate-Pastor-–-Springwood-Baptist-Church.html
If you prefer to discuss specific details about the role with a member of the Pastoral Committee, or the Senior Pastor, please send your request and contact details to the above email address.
Applications close: 10th November, 2019
Note: Applicants must be permanent Australian Residents.
Minister – Horsham Presbyterian Church, Victoria
Horsham Presbyterian Church is a small but healthy congregation located in the large (16,000) regional town of Horsham, Victoria. Over the last five years the congregation has grown in health, with average
attendance (35) and giving increasing. However it is still an appointment charge and is partially subsidised through an annual grant from the Ministry Development Committee. The congregation have two local elders and two deacons, three small groups and a music team. The congregation appreciate simple heartfelt preaching and have developed a positive reputation in the town. The town is a service centre for the Wimmera region, and is a bit of a Bible Belt with large Lutheran and Pentecostal churches, plus annual Christmas carols, children’s festival and a special food centre; all overseen by the local churches . The church building has recently been renovated to become both more welcoming and more functional. There is also a manse that is currently leased out in order to provide a manse allowance. Ideally, this ministry would suit someone who loves Jesus, enjoys regional ministry and would be able to build on the congregation’s recent growth and health. The Presbytery could either appoint an ordained minister to the charge or change the status of the charge to a Home Mission Station and assist someone in their application to the MDC to become a Home Missionary.
Expressions of interest by 15 November 2019 to the Interim Moderator Designate:
Rev Toby McIntosh
0428 862 962
Youth Pastor – Bellbowrie Community Church
3077 Moggill Road, Bellbowrie, QLD 4070 | Office 3202 8676 | www.bellbowrie.church
Bellbowrie Community Church is seeking Youth Leader/Pastor, who is passionate and
motivated about sharing the gospel with the youth and children of our community and church,
in order to see these youth and children develop in faith and fully integrate into the church
Bellbowrie Community Church is a Bible believing Christian church located in the western
suburbs of Brisbane. We are an independent evangelical church that is affiliated with a
network of similar churches known as Christian Community Churches of Australia (CCCAust).
We are a diverse group of people with different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives,
who are united together by a common faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour. We
believe a genuine relationship with God is the most important thing in life. We believe that the
Bible is authoritative and relevant to life, and as such, we are committed to teaching it, learning
from it, being shaped by it, and living it. For more information, visit our website at
The Youth Leader will be employed for 4 days per week, and will work with the church
leadership, under the authority of the Elders to co-ordinate and run the following ministries:
- Kids Church (weekly)
- Youth Group (weekly)
- Teenage Bible Study (weekly)
- Young Adults Bible Study (weekly)
- Youth Church Service (monthly)
- Cross-cultural Group (weekly)
- Mainly Music (if well suited)
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
To register your interest, and for an application pack please contact the church by email at
Applications close Saturday 30th of November.
Children’s Minister – City on a Hill Brisbane
City on a Hill began with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in our world for the glory of God. Since our inception in Melbourne in 2007, we have witnessed a special work of God’s grace as he has united hundreds of men and women around the mission of ‘knowing Jesus and making Jesus known’. City on a Hill now meets across five locations in three cities – including Brisbane, a congregation which began in 2016, and is now a community of over 300 people. City on a Hill Brisbane currently meets in Palace Barracks Cinemas in Brisbane’s CBD.
City on a Hill Brisbane is seeking to employ a City Kids Coordinator. This is a part-time position, 2 days per week. The City Kids Coordinator is responsible for managing the Sunday kids’ program, helping our children to ‘know Jesus and make Jesus known’. The City Kids Coordinator will create a safe and positive environment for children to experience Jesus through God’s word. They will lead a team of volunteers and will model a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ. They will effectively partner with children and their families to implement the vision and mission of City on a Hill.
City on a Hill Brisbane currently meets in Palace Barracks Cinemas in Brisbane’s CBD.
Applications close 6th December 2019.
Pastor for Discipleship & Ministry – Liberti Carrara
The Pastor for Discipleship & Ministry lives in the world of equipping, community, and leadership. Ministering in a full-time capacity, this pastor serves Liberti Carrara by providing day-to-day oversight of church staff, gospel communities, ministries, and pastoral care. Functioning as an Associate Pastor, this role carries a high level of leadership responsibility at Liberti Carrara, and therefore requires a high level of integrity, pastoral gifting, chemistry with staff, and trust. The Pastor for Discipleship & Ministry ensures that Liberti has a culture of disciple-making disciples, through developing and deepening church member participation in meaningful community, ministry, and mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (1) LEADERSHIP
- Oversee the day to day ministry health of Liberti Carrara.
- Works closely with the Pastor for Preaching & Vision in accomplishing the church’s mission by evaluating ministry effectiveness, discernment, decision making, and planning.
- Provide oversight of pastoral care at Liberti Carrara, delegating to elder team as necessary.
- Provide oversight for the following Sunday Team Leaders: Connect, Hospitality, Welcome, Host.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (2) DISCIPLESHIP
- Responsible for overall health of Gospel Communities and GC Leaders.
- Prepares weekly discussion questions to be sent out to all GC Leaders.
- Responds to each weekly GC Leader feedback form with encouragement and counsel to GC Leaders.
- Creates and maintains a pipeline of potential GC Leaders, and oversees the process for launching new Gospel Communities around the Gold Coast.
- Facilitates the interview process for new GC Leaders.
- Develops a scalable coaching structure that effectively supports GC Leaders.
- Works with Pastor for Teaching & Vision in preparing and leading monthly leadership training nights
- Provides oversight to Women’s Ministry, Youth Ministry, and mid-week training events.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (3) PASTORAL CARE
- Oversees process for welcoming new people into Liberti Carrara.
- Available to pray for and shepherd church members at all Sunday worship gatherings.
- Takes the lead on pastoral care for Liberti Carrara members, delegating as needed to rest of elder team.
- Provides pre-marriage counselling with dating/engaged couples at Liberti Carrara
- Able to officiate weddings and funerals as required
RESPONSIBILITIES: (4) TEACHING
- Supports the Pastor for Preaching & Vision through teaching at our Sunday gatherings at Liberti Carrara (estimated 12-18 Sundays/year)
- Supports other Lead Pastors across our Liberti family of churches (Liberti Coomera & Liberti Mermaid Beach) by preaching as needed (estimated 6-8 Sundays/year)
- Planning mid-week training courses that run quarterly throughout the year
- Assisting other elders with teaching through gospel-partnership course
- Fulfills the character qualifications of elder/pastor as taught in the Scriptures (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4)
- Has a gospel-centred lens through which they view God’s Word, their life, and their ministry
- Able to preach God’s Word accurately, passionately, convincingly, and Christologically. The ideal candidate has a strong teaching gift, but does not have the itch to exercise it on a weekly basis.
- Is a man who is unmistakably marked by a life of prayer.
- Displays humility and teachability, is a ‘learner’ in the sense that they know they haven’t yet ‘arrived’.
- Shows relational warmth and an ability to communicate winsomely and wisely in both spoken/written forms.
- Trustworthy: Has the experience and maturity to handle sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Resilient: knows how to take a hit, rehearse the gospel, lean into the Holy Spirit, and keep going.
- Strong interpersonal skills: can engage and influence people of different backgrounds and levels of seniority.
- Dependable, flexible, and proactive: can get a lot done with limited direction & basic instructions
- Role-models an organized and disciplined life, sets high standards and supports those standards with practical routines.
- At least three years of experience in pastoral leadership and a proven track record of developing and empowering leaders.
- Ability to foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration among Liberti staff.
- While a theological degree is preferable, it is not essential. There must however be a very strong grasp of God’s Word.
- Agrees with and promotes the Values andBeliefs of Liberti Church.
- Theological convictions must include: Reformed, Continuationist, and Complementarian.
The Pastor for Discipleship & Ministry works closely with and reports to the Pastor for Preaching & Vision at Liberti Carrara and the Liberti Elder Team, and alongside the other Liberti Staff.
Interviews: We will be gathering applications from potential candidates over the coming months, with plans to begin interviews in the early part of 2020.
Hours: This is a full time position (45+ hours per week).
Start date:Negotiable, though the ideal candidate will be able to begin between March 2020 – July 2020, allowing them time to transition well out of their current responsibilities.
To Apply, visit liberti.church/jobs/