The Auckland Chinese Presbyterian Church (ACPC) is an evangelical Presbyterian church located in central Auckland, comprising two congregations; one Cantonese-speaking and one English-speaking. We are seeking a full-time Minister to lead our English-speaking congregation.
We are a young, vibrant Presbyterian church in the inner city. Auckland is experiencing significant demographic growth and diversity, but we are one of the few Presbyterian churches here.
ACPC believes that our location and the multi-ethnic, multi-generational nature of our English-speaking congregation is a great opportunity to be part of God’s mission sharing the Gospel in this city.
This represents an exciting opportunity for someone who feels called to be part of this vision; a person who will lead us in reaching out to the city for Christ and helping it flourish. This is not a call to “business-as-usual” ministry! This person would naturally have an affinity for working with Chinese people, but would not need to be Chinese or speak any Chinese language.
We are seeking a Minister who:
- Affirms the orthodox Christian faith, and can communicate the Gospel in a modern secular context with intellectual heft.
- Is comfortable providing pastoral care to the diverse cultures and age-groups in our English congregation and beyond.
- Has a strong sense of mission and service to the local community.
- Is able to help, develop and deploy the spiritual gifts of our church members.
Our English congregation has about 60 regular attendees with a range of ethnicities (NZ-born Chinese, foreign-born Chinese, other Asians, Europeans, and others) with ages ranging from children to grandparents.
The English minister will work alongside and report to our senior minister, Reverend Micah Tang, who is responsible for the Cantonese congregation.
We are currently looking for a full time pastor who will fit the following criteria:
- The appointee must be an ordained minister of the Presbyterian Church of Australia or someone who is eligible to be ordained in accordance with the forms and procedures of the General Assembly of Australia.
- The appointee should demonstrate clear gifts and abilities for preaching and teaching God’s Word and training and equipping others in the service of the Lord.
- The appointee must be able to shepherd those in the Church and equip others for pastoral care.
- The appointee must have a passion for outreach and evangelism and to encourage the congregation to take the Gospel into the local area, ideally with an ability to reach out to young people.
- The appointee must be able to manage his own household well and be a good steward of his time.
Kingaroy 210kms north-west of Brisbane and 160kms north of Toowoomba in the South Burnett Region.
We are looking for a full time pastor who will faithfully preach and teach God’s Word and encourage us to live for Jesus, love one another and lead others to Him
Please direct further enquiries to the Session Clerk, Nelson Dimond at 556 Malar Road Kingaroy. Phone 07 41624362; Mobile 0428624362; Email — email@example.com.
Vacancy for Full-time Gospel worker
Donvale Presbyterian Church is seeking to appoint another full-time Assistant Pastor to its Pastoral team. DPC is part of the Presbyterian Church of Australia, holding to the reformed evangelical faith. DPC is situated in the heart of a growing cross-cultural demographic in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. The church has a congregation of all ages, including a fruitful outreach among migrants through its English-as-a-Second-Language (ESL) program.
The Assistant Pastor will provide Christ-centered leadership to the multi-generational and multi-ethnic congregation, and will also share responsibility with preaching, and the other areas of a Gospel focused ministry. The role has scope to be tailed to the pastor’s gifts.
Applicants with theological training will be given preference. Ability to communicate and work well with the pastoral staff and ministry leaders is essential. The Assistant Pastor will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and will be responsible to him in the discharge of his duties.
A resume with contact details for two referees could be forwarded to Rev Gerald Vanderwert (firstname.lastname@example.org). Enquiries:
0414 407404. All applications and enquiries will be treated in confidence.
To know Christ and to make Him known
New SA/NT Regional Director
CMS SANT seeks a new Regional Director.
The present Director, David Williams, is finishing up after 10 years’ service.
This is a full-time, key leadership role in an evangelical mission agency with a significant track record in long-term cross-cultural mission.
The new Regional Director will position CMS SANT for the future as it seeks to:
1. Mobilise evangelical Christians in SA and NT to be actively involved in global mission through CMS
2. Partner effectively with churches in identifying, sending and supporting CMS gospel workers
3. Ensure children, youth and students are engaged in God’s global mission
4. Provide missiological leadership in SA and NT
5. Build a sustainable revenue base, positioned for growth.
To obtain an information pack, please email the SANT office at email@example.com.
To enquire about the position, contact Branch President, David Bassett: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sutherland PRC is part of the body of Christ and of the Presbyterian Reformed Church of Australia, holding to the reformed evangelical faith and embracing the Westminster Confession of Faith. We are a warm and welcoming family of about 60-70 people ranging from children to elderly.
We have a passion for the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and want to see it grow in our own lives and in the world. We seek to motivate and train members to be “disciple-making disciples” who personally share the Word with the lost and with one another.
Please send a resume (with two references) and a family photo electronically to Rev. John Terrell.
Please also attach answers to the following questions, along with a ministry values statement (see below).
John will respond initially to acknowledge receipt of your documents and will the keep you up to date during the process. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.
Please respond to each of these 5 (sets of) questions:
1. What nourishes your faith in Christ? How do you minister to your immediate family (i.e. wife, children)?
2. What interests you in ministering in Australia? How familiar are you with the spiritual landscape of Australia and what are your impressions of it?
3. In your way of thinking, what would a gospel-driven ministry look like?
4. How would you seek to see unbelievers brought into the Kingdom, in a church in which you were ministering? (Be as practical as possible in your response)
5. What is your creation view of Genesis 1-2 and how does this affect your view of Romans 5:12-21?
MINISTRY VALUES STATEMENT
Briefly (about 1 page) list and explain your ministry values (i.e. What is important to you as a minister? How does that shape the way you do things?)
WEBSITE AND DOCUMENTS
WCF and CWPP: prc.org.au/who-are-we
Rev John Terrell
0466 901 711
Located on the North Shore
2 days per week (paid)
We are an evangelical church of three language congregations (English, Cantonese and Mandarin) with an attendance of around 750 at seven Sunday services in East Lindfield, Gordon and Chatswood.
Primary responsibilities include assisting the overall ministries of the English Congregation by providing ideas, resources and training, mentoring/discipling and preaching in the Sunday Service from time to time.
If you’re interested or have any questions, please contact Rev. David Chen of Evangelical Free Church of Australia on 0405 362 073 or email@example.com
Part-time Associate Pastor (English Ministry) Position
(24 HOURS/3 DAYS A WEEK)
Evangelical Free Church of Australia, a Chinese church in Sydney’s North Shore with three language congregations (English, Cantonese and Mandarin) and around 800 people attending 6 different services at East Lindfield, Gordon and Chatswood, is seeking a part-time associate pastor (English Ministry) for its English congregation. Applicants should be of evangelical background, possess a BTh or higher and preferably another tertiary education, demonstrate gifts and passion in ministering to university and young adults. Please send a cover letter, CV, witness of calling, philosophy of ministry, two references, an audio copy of or link to a recent sermon and marked ‘CONFIDENTIAL’ to: The Deacon (HR), Evangelical Free Church of Australia, 28-30 Wellington Road, East Lindfield, NSW 2070, Australia or email firstname.lastname@example.org A detail ministry description of the position or more information is available by emailing Rev. David Chen at: email@example.com
- Full-time Families Pastor to disciple and equip families in the church to reach out into our community.
- Part-time Seniors Pastor to minister to and support the seniors in our church.
Wynnum Baptist Church is a dynamic and growing congregation on the south side of Brisbane whose mission is Showing the Way. The Families Pastor and Seniors Pastor will work alongside the Senior Pastor, Youth Pastor, and other church staff to support the work of the church as we live, share, and know the Way.
We are seeking people who are (or are eligible to be) registered with Queensland Baptists.
For a full position description and application information, visit http://www.wybc.org.au.
population of around 28,000 people. The town is a hub for tourism, government
services, healthcare, defence and agriculture services. A significant population of
aboriginal people live in and around the town, and there is a growing international
The Presbyterian Inland Mission (PIM) planted a small church in ‘the Alice’ about
four years ago. With the upcoming retirement of the current minister, PIM are looking
for a church planter to inject some fresh energy into the church and, under God,
develop it into a viable and sustainable congregation that can make a significant
impact in the local community.
The rugged beauty of Central Australia masks some deep spiritual and social
challenges both in the towns and the more isolated areas; problems that can only be
dealt with through the Gospel. There is a wide range of churches in Alice Springs, but
an opportunity does exist for a reformed evangelical church with solid biblical
teaching to make a contribution, and to actively engage in evangelism and discipling
PIM are looking for a pastor who can:
• Provide a solid expository Bible preaching and teaching ministry.
• Help people grow as faithful followers of Jesus.
• Develop elders and other local leaders and create a sustainable structure within
the Presbyterian Church of Australia.
• Train congregation members to develop outreach and evangelistic strategies to
take the gospel to their community, including amongst local aboriginal people.
• Equip the congregation to grow into a vibrant and sustainable church of
disciples who are actively engaged in local mission.
The Alice Springs Presbyterian Church currently has about 20 to 30 regular attendees
and meets in a church building owned by the Australian Indigenous Ministries.
Ideally, the new pastor would be available to start early in 2018.
Living and ministering in Alice Springs is not without challenges, but it also provides
some unique opportunities for a couple or a family to enjoy a different lifestyle. Those
who enjoy outdoor recreation will find plenty opportunities to get out and enjoy the
many things the Centre has to offer. The town is well serviced with shops, health care,
education, internet connectivity and daily flights to the east coast
To explore this opportunity further please call Andrew Letcher, CEO of the
Presbyterian Inland Mission, on 0438 868 964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Arundel Presbyterian Church
Job type: Full-time
Closing date: Wednesday 30 August 2017
Who We Are
Arundel Presbyterian Church (APC) is a reformed evangelical church with over 250 adults and children meeting across three diverse Sunday services. Our vision is to see Christ proclaimed to people of all ages in the Central North of the Gold Coast, in order to see those people perfect in Christ. We are at a point of strategic decision making to enable this to happen and see APC grow numerically and in maturity.
Who We Are Looking For
We are seeking to employ a Children and Families Evangelist who is convinced of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, has an infectious love for Jesus, is godly in character, is committed to a reformed, evangelical, complementation position, and who will delight in partnering with others to proclaim the Lord Jesus to children.
Children and Families Evangelist
The CFE will be someone who can oversee and develop our existing ministry to attending children and their families, and be able to pioneer a new evangelising discipling ministry to unreached children and their families living within the radius of a 20-minute car journey from our church building in 132 Allied Drive, Arundel, Queensland. The Children and Families Evangelist will report directly to the Senior Minister.
Skills and Knowledge
• Ability to soundly interpret and teach the Bible including preaching exegetically and clearly to adults and children alike
• Proven experience in evangelism
• Ability to identify and create (pioneer) opportunities for evangelism in local communities
• Experience in training God’s people to share Jesus Christ with others
• Capacity for goal and vision setting within the context of a broader, established church vision
• Experience in teaching and ministry to children
• Understanding the role of children’s ministry and the developmental stages of Christian belief and maturity in children
• Excellent communication skills in meetings of various sizes
• Ability to communicate with parents for the purpose of their own Christian growth as well as that of their children
• Capacity to recruit, train, lead, support and coordinate volunteers to teach and minister to children
• Capacity to work well in a team situation
• Suitable theological qualifications from an evangelical Bible/Theological College
• A heart to see people come to trust Christ Jesus and mature in the obedience that comes from faith in Him
• A personal love for the Lord Jesus Christ that clearly shows in a daily life lived with Jesus as Saviour and Lord, working graciously and passionately for the good of His gospel and Church
• Humility and godliness of character in keeping with Christian leadership and living that shows itself in a willingness to collaborate and partner with APC for the long term
• Commitment to leading and loving your family in the Lord Jesus Christ that shows especially in sharing a united vision of ministry with your spouse and family
• A character that is willing to be flexible and change for the sake of seeing the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ go forward
• Willingness to undergo further training towards ordination as a minister within the Presbyterian Church of Queensland
• A prayerful dependency on God in all things
• Sense of humour and a willingness to have fun
To request a Position Description and apply for this position please send your CV to:
Applications Close–Wednesday 30 August 2017
Ideal Commencement Date–Monday 15 January 2018
Salt Campus Pastor, Full Time
Who We Are
We are a reformed, evangelical and complementarian church that is part of the
Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches (FIEC). You can view our
‘Statement of Beliefs’ at www.tpcc.org.au.
We are 11 years old and continue to pray that God will use us to spread a passion for
His glory throughout the Hastings/Camden Haven region (current population 80,000).
Salt Community Church, our church plant at Bonny Hills/Lake Cathie, has conducted public church services since August 2016.
What We Are Looking For
A godly man who passes the 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1 qualifications to be the campus
pastor of Salt. We are seeking someone with ‘runs on the board’ when it comes to
being a leader of leaders, setting vision and goals for growth.
This position is Full
Time (6 days/week), to commence January 2018.
• Be the campus pastor of Salt. Duties will include oversight of services,
preaching, small group discipleship, evangelism.
• Chairing Salt leadership/eldership team to set vision, strategy & goals for
growing Salt, in maturity and numerically.
• Identify, recruit and empower lay leaders.
• Work in consultation with The Point’s lead pastor. Our prayer is that Salt will
become a financially viable church. Until that time, Salt will be a campus of The
Point, working in partnership to evangelise the Hastings/Camden Haven. The
dynamic of this partnership will change and develop as Salt grows.
Leader & Manager
• Work closely with Salt’s core group to build a culture of lay team ministry.
• Work with all the ministry teams to establish unity around theological
convictions and philosophy.
• Lead, develop and inspire a growing team of lay leaders.
• Work with senior leadership of The Point.
• Equip team leaders to lead and grow their teams.
• Partner with The Point for training & equipping.
• Develop resources and training material for ministry leaders.
• Model Bible teaching as primary tool of discipleship and leadership
• Develop, implement and present various training programs.
• Preach regularly and train up others to preach (will include small amount
of preaching at The Point).
• Identify and nurture new team leaders.
• Empower team leaders to recruit and nurture new leaders.
Personal and Professional Requirements
• Faithful, devotional, obedient, accountable follower of Jesus.
• Demonstrated ability to preach.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and ‘do ministry through others’.
• Has a BTh, or working toward.
• Demonstrated ability to lead leaders.
• Demonstrated ability to identify, recruit and empower leaders.
• Self starter. Set own S.M.A.R.T. goals to achieve vision.
• Gifted at relating to people, both inside and outside Christians circles.
• Affinity with coastal culture.
• Demonstrated ability for verbal and written communication.
• Committed to reformed, evangelical and complimentarian theology.
• Team player.
• Enjoys working hard and having fun.
To get more information, please contact our office using the details above.
To apply please send CV to email@example.com titled Salt Pastor Application.
Closing Date for Applications: August 31, 2017
The Point Community Church: Spreading a passion for God’s glory by joyfully promoting the good news of Jesus
phone: 02 6582 4395
mail: PO Box 9213, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
office: Suite 1 Lighthouse Plaza (under Coles), 100 Ocean Dr Port Macquarie, 2444
abn: 61 081 086 687
Christian Summer Camp Staff for Underprivileged Kids Camps
Christian Summer Camp Staff for Underprivileged Kids Camps
Company: Hope Mission – Summer Camps
Type: Full-Time Summer Term Position
Hope Mission Operates 2 Christian Summer camps in Alberta, Canada which provide a summer camp experience for kids from single parent, foster and group homes.
220 acres of rolling hills located one hour west of Edmonton, Alberta. We operate programs for youth ages 6-17 through 6 day resident and outtripping camps.
104 acres located 20 minutes west of Calgary, Alberta near Bragg Creek. We operate 8 weeks for youth ages 6-15 through 6 day resident camps.
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth and children who come to our doors would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour. This vision can be fulfilled only if all staff are diligent in serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
Camp Activities Include:
Horseback riding, archery, climbing wall, low ropes course, zip line, riflery, drama, crafts, petting zoo, wilderness skills, Bible studies, chapels, games and much more.
4 Month Positions: program directors, unit leaders (oversee different camps’ program and staff), head wrangler, horse camp instructor, youth development program leaders, secretary, maintenance, head cook, and assistant cook.
2 Month Positions (July and August): counsellors, nurses, kitchen helpers, male and female unit leaders, wranglers, climbing wall instructor, and out camp food coordinator.
We also look for people willing to come for part of the summer as well.
Love for underprivileged kids
Enjoyment of the outdoors
May 1 or June 21, 2017 (depending on position) until August 25, 2017.
$1000/month plus room and board.
For additional information about positions, salary and how our camp runs, please visit www.hopemission.com/summercamp and check out the Staff Information Page.
2. Cover Letter stating why you would like to work in a Christian Ministry
To: People and Culture, Hope Mission
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
9908 106 Ave NW Edmonton, AB
Contact Brent Ankrom for questions about the camps and position descriptions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BCCC is a non-denominational church that largely ministers to the Chinese community in the northern suburbs of Brisbane. The church consists of both a Chinese Ministry and an English Ministry. The English Ministry is predominantly made up of Australian born (or Australian raised) Chinese young adults, workers and young families seeking to live out their faith in their various stages of life.
We are a congregation that treasures Jesus and each other. We are also a congregation that values God’s word and wants to deepen our love and commitment to His word. We therefore seek a Pastor who is excited about teaching and modelling God’s word to us, and is keen to walk with us as we walk with Christ.
We are also a congregation that has been growing in our passion for missions, evangelism and outreach. Recently, we have been sensing God leading us to particularly connect with and reach young local families with the gospel. (A playgroup was commenced 2 years ago as part of this emerging vision). We therefore also seek a Pastor who can encourage and equip us to partner with God in this vision.
- Weekly systematic and expository preaching/teaching of God’s Word
- Pastoral oversight of current ministries (children, youth, young workers & families)
- Providing personal discipleship and leading/encouraging members of the congregation to disciple others
- Provision of pastoral care to members and families of the church
- Identification, encouragement, and training of members to serve and lead in appropriate roles
- General coordination, planning, and management across all aspects of the English ministry, including strategic planning
- Working with the English Ministry deacons to further develop the English Ministry
- Working with the combined deacons board (English/Chinese) to coordinate, plan, and manage the life of the BCCC community
- Engagement with the wider community to foster relationships with other churches, and with the Kedron State School chaplain
The English Ministry Pastor works with and is responsible to the English deacons, and the combined deacons board.
- Deep personal relationship with Christ and reliance on His Spirit for wisdom and strength
- A passion for the Word of God and teaching and preaching
- A commitment to growing lifelong disciples of Christ
- Sensitivity to different cultural backgrounds of church members and the community around us
- Bachelor of Theology or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-4 years of pastoral experience is strongly preferred
- Must hold a Working with Children (blue) Card
- Fluent in the English language (ability to understand/speak Cantonese or Mandarin would be advantageous)
The position commences early 2018
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact:
May Tsui (Pastoral Search & Review Committee)
Ph: 0412 998 236
Your application should consist of a Cover Letter, CV (with at least 2 referees) and an audio sermon.
Please only apply for this job if you already have Australian Citizenship or an Australian Work Visa
Evangelist/Church Planter sought for a Geneva Push Church plant in Brisbane
In 2017 there are plans for a Geneva Push Church plant to reach the Griffith University Community at the Nathan Campus and the wider city. Glenn will start working on this part time in 2017, with his wife Kathryn and their four boys. The plan is to launch public meetings in 2018.
This will be a great opportunity to see a church ministry start from the ground up. It is a great opportunity to be trained as we build a core for the church, evangelise and God willing, launch public meetings in 2018.
Who should apply?
• The applicant should have a love of evangelism and the ability to meet with both Christians and non Christians in small group contexts or personally, one to one.
• The applicant must be willing to try new things and be flexible in their approach to ministry.
• The applicant ought to have a love of the Scriptures, a desire to teach them to others and would love to be trained in many aspects of ministry.
• Griffith University is a very culturally diverse community so the applicant must be able to engage with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
10 hours a week approx. This includes a Sunday meeting, a mid week commitment and training.
No pay in first year, God willing some pay in the second year! So you’ll need a willingness and ability to initially raise your own support.
Send a ministry resume to Glenn Hohnberg, 0423 626 404 (m), email@example.com