MEC is a new church attended by 30 people and associated with FIEC (Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches).
We are seeking a man to pastor and further establish our church through Bible teaching, pastoral care and encouraging evangelism.
MEC is able to pay a ½ wage and therefore does not expect a pastor to necessarily work full time.
A potential pastor would need to agree with our Doctrinal Statement https://macleanevangelicalchurch.wordpress.com/about/
For initial inquiries please phone Andrew Groves on 0466 972 128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Maclean is about 100 km north of Coffs Harbour, about 2 ½ hours south of the Queensland border and about 20 km from the Yamba beaches.
Maclean has a hospital, a number of schools (including Pacific Valley Christian School), a supermarket as well as shops in the town centre, swimming pool and sporting facilities. The population of Maclean is around 5000 people and is a center for people in two towns and a number of villages within a 20 km radius. The Clarence Valley has a population of around 50000 people. The largest center in the Clarence valley is Grafton, some 40 km south of Maclean.
The Auckland Chinese Presbyterian Church (ACPC) is an evangelical Presbyterian church located in central Auckland, comprising two congregations; one Cantonese-speaking and one English-speaking. We are seeking a full-time Minister to lead our English-speaking congregation.
We are a young, vibrant Presbyterian church in the inner city. Auckland is experiencing significant demographic growth and diversity, but we are one of the few Presbyterian churches here.
ACPC believes that our location and the multi-ethnic, multi-generational nature of our English-speaking congregation is a great opportunity to be part of God’s mission sharing the Gospel in this city.
This represents an exciting opportunity for someone who feels called to be part of this vision; a person who will lead us in reaching out to the city for Christ and helping it flourish. This is not a call to “business-as-usual” ministry! This person would naturally have an affinity for working with Chinese people, but would not need to be Chinese or speak any Chinese language.
We are seeking a Minister who:
- Affirms the orthodox Christian faith, and can communicate the Gospel in a modern secular context with intellectual heft.
- Is comfortable providing pastoral care to the diverse cultures and age-groups in our English congregation and beyond.
- Has a strong sense of mission and service to the local community.
- Is able to help, develop and deploy the spiritual gifts of our church members.
Our English congregation has about 60 regular attendees with a range of ethnicities (NZ-born Chinese, foreign-born Chinese, other Asians, Europeans, and others) with ages ranging from children to grandparents.
The English minister will work alongside and report to our senior minister, Reverend Micah Tang, who is responsible for the Cantonese congregation.
We are currently looking for a full time pastor who will fit the following criteria:
- The appointee must be an ordained minister of the Presbyterian Church of Australia or someone who is eligible to be ordained in accordance with the forms and procedures of the General Assembly of Australia.
- The appointee should demonstrate clear gifts and abilities for preaching and teaching God’s Word and training and equipping others in the service of the Lord.
- The appointee must be able to shepherd those in the Church and equip others for pastoral care.
- The appointee must have a passion for outreach and evangelism and to encourage the congregation to take the Gospel into the local area, ideally with an ability to reach out to young people.
- The appointee must be able to manage his own household well and be a good steward of his time.
Kingaroy 210kms north-west of Brisbane and 160kms north of Toowoomba in the South Burnett Region.
We are looking for a full time pastor who will faithfully preach and teach God’s Word and encourage us to live for Jesus, love one another and lead others to Him
Please direct further enquiries to the Session Clerk, Nelson Dimond at 556 Malar Road Kingaroy. Phone 07 41624362; Mobile 0428624362; Email — email@example.com.
Vacancy for Full-time Gospel worker
Donvale Presbyterian Church is seeking to appoint another full-time Assistant Pastor to its Pastoral team. DPC is part of the Presbyterian Church of Australia, holding to the reformed evangelical faith. DPC is situated in the heart of a growing cross-cultural demographic in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. The church has a congregation of all ages, including a fruitful outreach among migrants through its English-as-a-Second-Language (ESL) program.
The Assistant Pastor will provide Christ-centered leadership to the multi-generational and multi-ethnic congregation, and will also share responsibility with preaching, and the other areas of a Gospel focused ministry. The role has scope to be tailed to the pastor’s gifts.
Applicants with theological training will be given preference. Ability to communicate and work well with the pastoral staff and ministry leaders is essential. The Assistant Pastor will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and will be responsible to him in the discharge of his duties.
A resume with contact details for two referees could be forwarded to Rev Gerald Vanderwert (firstname.lastname@example.org). Enquiries:
0414 407404. All applications and enquiries will be treated in confidence.
To know Christ and to make Him known
New SA/NT Regional Director
CMS SANT seeks a new Regional Director.
The present Director, David Williams, is finishing up after 10 years’ service.
This is a full-time, key leadership role in an evangelical mission agency with a significant track record in long-term cross-cultural mission.
The new Regional Director will position CMS SANT for the future as it seeks to:
1. Mobilise evangelical Christians in SA and NT to be actively involved in global mission through CMS
2. Partner effectively with churches in identifying, sending and supporting CMS gospel workers
3. Ensure children, youth and students are engaged in God’s global mission
4. Provide missiological leadership in SA and NT
5. Build a sustainable revenue base, positioned for growth.
To obtain an information pack, please email the SANT office at email@example.com.
To enquire about the position, contact Branch President, David Bassett: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting July 2017
St George’s Church – The Light on the Hill
St George’s is an evangelical Anglican church in Tasmania that has undergone dramatic
change over recent years from a faithful though largely aging, traditional congregation to a
diverse and growing congregation with ministries to families, children, and the wider community. We are a public church for the city. We’re strategically placed near the centre of Hobart in an affluent suburb but the congregation is drawn from both the immediate area
and greater Hobart with a consequent mix of education and income. Our church is
remarkably heterogeneous, and we welcome all. What unites us is Christ. We value the ministry of women and men. The city sees us as the light on the hill. We want to live out that God given position to win, disciple and send out people who shine Christ’s light in their spheres of influence.
Who we are looking for
- Someone with a deep love for God and for people
- Someone who is organised, a self starter and able to work well with others
- Someone with good self awareness and excellent interpersonal skills
- Someone who enjoys relating to young people and enthusing them in following Jesus
- Someone with capacity to recruit, train and support other members of the congregation to
serve in ministry
- Someone with the desire to work as part of the ministry team at St George’s growing our
ministry to children and youth, their families and their ministry to others.
- Someone with a willingness to work with people of diverse Christian backgrounds.
- Overseeing our Children’s and Youth Ministry
Recruiting, training and releasing lay members for kids ministry
Develop ministries to connect with children and youth in the area including Scripture
Club at the local primary school
- Working with the rector to develop discipleship pathways for the whole church
Recruiting and Developing lay leaders
Occasional preaching and service leading
General ministry duties of baptisms, weddings, funerals and pastoral care
If you would like to know more contact:
Rev Victor Shaw 0424 230 579 email@example.com ,
or go to our website www.stgeorgesbatterypoint.org
Maroochydore Presbyterian Church seeks a Sunday School Leader and Coordinator
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: Minister – Jens Norved
HOURS: Flexible; 6-8 hours including Sunday School
DESCRIPTION: In accord with the Maroochydore Presbyterian Church vision of becoming an unmistakably visible, holy, humble and healthy church on the Sunshine Coast, the role of Sunday School Ministry Leader and Coordinator is to serve by developing, coordinating and administering a comprehensive and expanding educational ministries program for children (Prep -Year 6) volunteer teachers and helpers involved in this ministry. This position would best suit a Sunshine Coast Resident.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate and lead the Sunday school each week during school terms
2. Coordinate the recruitment of volunteer teachers and helpers for the 10:45 am service Sunday school class
3. Provide all teaching activities materials required
4. Maintain a record of children attending
5. Promote the presence and work of the Sunday School
6. Provide materials/quiet activities to support what children might do in church during school holidays
7. Have lunch with a family each week.
8. Must have a current Blue Card
9. Co-ordinate ChildSafe on-line training and record of Blue Cards held especially by all volunteer teachers and helpers in the Sunday School especially anyone who has contact with the children in line with PCQ Blue Card policy.
10. Must hold to doctrine consistent with the Presbyterian Church of Queensland
11. Must have suitable transport
1. 6-8 hours per week. (including regular Sunday gathering).
2. Pay aligned with Ministry Workers terms and conditions
Applications are to be made in writing to The Minister, 45 Okinja Road, Alexandra Headland QLD or email ofﬁce@mp.org.au providing the following information:
• Commitment and suitability for the role
• Previous experience and training for such a role.
• Any skills and abilities that you would bring to the role.
Christian Summer Camp Staff for Underprivileged Kids Camps
Christian Summer Camp Staff for Underprivileged Kids Camps
Company: Hope Mission – Summer Camps
Type: Full-Time Summer Term Position
Hope Mission Operates 2 Christian Summer camps in Alberta, Canada which provide a summer camp experience for kids from single parent, foster and group homes.
220 acres of rolling hills located one hour west of Edmonton, Alberta. We operate programs for youth ages 6-17 through 6 day resident and outtripping camps.
104 acres located 20 minutes west of Calgary, Alberta near Bragg Creek. We operate 8 weeks for youth ages 6-15 through 6 day resident camps.
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth and children who come to our doors would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour. This vision can be fulfilled only if all staff are diligent in serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
Camp Activities Include:
Horseback riding, archery, climbing wall, low ropes course, zip line, riflery, drama, crafts, petting zoo, wilderness skills, Bible studies, chapels, games and much more.
4 Month Positions: program directors, unit leaders (oversee different camps’ program and staff), head wrangler, horse camp instructor, youth development program leaders, secretary, maintenance, head cook, and assistant cook.
2 Month Positions (July and August): counsellors, nurses, kitchen helpers, male and female unit leaders, wranglers, climbing wall instructor, and out camp food coordinator.
We also look for people willing to come for part of the summer as well.
Love for underprivileged kids
Enjoyment of the outdoors
May 1 or June 21, 2017 (depending on position) until August 25, 2017.
$1000/month plus room and board.
For additional information about positions, salary and how our camp runs, please visit www.hopemission.com/summercamp and check out the Staff Information Page.
2. Cover Letter stating why you would like to work in a Christian Ministry
To: People and Culture, Hope Mission
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
9908 106 Ave NW Edmonton, AB
Contact Brent Ankrom for questions about the camps and position descriptions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BCCC is a non-denominational church that largely ministers to the Chinese community in the northern suburbs of Brisbane. The church consists of both a Chinese Ministry and an English Ministry. The English Ministry is predominantly made up of Australian born (or Australian raised) Chinese young adults, workers and young families seeking to live out their faith in their various stages of life.
We are a congregation that treasures Jesus and each other. We are also a congregation that values God’s word and wants to deepen our love and commitment to His word. We therefore seek a Pastor who is excited about teaching and modelling God’s word to us, and is keen to walk with us as we walk with Christ.
We are also a congregation that has been growing in our passion for missions, evangelism and outreach. Recently, we have been sensing God leading us to particularly connect with and reach young local families with the gospel. (A playgroup was commenced 2 years ago as part of this emerging vision). We therefore also seek a Pastor who can encourage and equip us to partner with God in this vision.
- Weekly systematic and expository preaching/teaching of God’s Word
- Pastoral oversight of current ministries (children, youth, young workers & families)
- Providing personal discipleship and leading/encouraging members of the congregation to disciple others
- Provision of pastoral care to members and families of the church
- Identification, encouragement, and training of members to serve and lead in appropriate roles
- General coordination, planning, and management across all aspects of the English ministry, including strategic planning
- Working with the English Ministry deacons to further develop the English Ministry
- Working with the combined deacons board (English/Chinese) to coordinate, plan, and manage the life of the BCCC community
- Engagement with the wider community to foster relationships with other churches, and with the Kedron State School chaplain
The English Ministry Pastor works with and is responsible to the English deacons, and the combined deacons board.
- Deep personal relationship with Christ and reliance on His Spirit for wisdom and strength
- A passion for the Word of God and teaching and preaching
- A commitment to growing lifelong disciples of Christ
- Sensitivity to different cultural backgrounds of church members and the community around us
- Bachelor of Theology or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-4 years of pastoral experience is strongly preferred
- Must hold a Working with Children (blue) Card
- Fluent in the English language (ability to understand/speak Cantonese or Mandarin would be advantageous)
The position commences early 2018
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact:
May Tsui (Pastoral Search & Review Committee)
Ph: 0412 998 236
Your application should consist of a Cover Letter, CV (with at least 2 referees) and an audio sermon.
Please only apply for this job if you already have Australian Citizenship or an Australian Work Visa
Evangelist/Church Planter sought for a Geneva Push Church plant in Brisbane
In 2017 there are plans for a Geneva Push Church plant to reach the Griffith University Community at the Nathan Campus and the wider city. Glenn will start working on this part time in 2017, with his wife Kathryn and their four boys. The plan is to launch public meetings in 2018.
This will be a great opportunity to see a church ministry start from the ground up. It is a great opportunity to be trained as we build a core for the church, evangelise and God willing, launch public meetings in 2018.
Who should apply?
• The applicant should have a love of evangelism and the ability to meet with both Christians and non Christians in small group contexts or personally, one to one.
• The applicant must be willing to try new things and be flexible in their approach to ministry.
• The applicant ought to have a love of the Scriptures, a desire to teach them to others and would love to be trained in many aspects of ministry.
• Griffith University is a very culturally diverse community so the applicant must be able to engage with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
10 hours a week approx. This includes a Sunday meeting, a mid week commitment and training.
No pay in first year, God willing some pay in the second year! So you’ll need a willingness and ability to initially raise your own support.
Send a ministry resume to Glenn Hohnberg, 0423 626 404 (m), email@example.com