Melbourne is a growing city with 100 000 new residents every year. Valley Presbyterian church is in the heart of one of the many “growth corridors” surrounding this city. There are 80 000 people living within 10 km or 15 minutes drive of Valley Presbyterian. By 2036 there will be 100 000.
Valley Presbyterian Church was planted in January 2011 and has grown steadily since then. As a church we long to see new life in Jesus come to every home in Mernda, Doreen and the Growing Northern suburbs of Melbourne for their salvation, the good of the community and the glory of God.
We seek to be a people so deeply satisfied by our new life in Jesus that we life lives marked by passionate worship, genuine love, daily growth and joyful service as we reach out to all for the glory of God.
The mission team leader will have a passion for the lost and a desire to see people saved for eternity as they repent and put their trust in Jesus Christ. The mission team leader will have a clear understanding of the gospel, be a good communicator and have a strong ability to connect with a wide range of people.
Reporting to the senior pastor and the session, the mission team leader will be responsible for outreach into the mission field surrounding Valley Presbyterian Church. The position is for a full time man and while an ordained man would be ideal this is not necessary. The position will begin in January 2018.
The successful candidate will
1. Connect with people in order to communicate the gospel with them.
2. Develop the whole church’s effectiveness in evangelism through modelling, training and encouragement. He will strengthen the evangelistic culture at Valley.
3. Build momentum for mission by connecting events together.
4. Develop and work with a team of people who will lead the work of mission at Valley.
5. Speak evangelistically to large groups, small groups and one to one.
6. Creatively work out new ways to communicate the gospel to the people of Mernda, Doreen and the growing north.
7. Work with the youth group to promote evangelism with young people.
8. Play a leading role in any of our community outreach focussed events EG Carols, Kids Holiday Club, Community Fairs etc.
9. Develop the LIFE course to be an effective evangelistic tool.
10. Lead the work of social compassion at Valley.
Key Skills, Gifting, & Character
1. A growing relationship with Christ.
2. A growing understanding of the gospel and the scriptures.
3. Have demonstrated effectiveness in evangelism.
4. Have the ability to work and create independently.
5. Able to work and relate as part of a ministry team.
6. An orientation toward discussing systems, structures, and strategic leadership.
7. Is able to excite and encourage people about evangelism.
8. Is able to organise and run outreach events.
9. Has a compassionate heart for the lost.
10. Have doctrinal convictions that are reformed, evangelical and consistent with the standards of the Presbyterian Church of Victoria.
11. Meet the Safe Church requirements of the PCV.
12. If married have a supportive wife.
The successful candidate will be invited to be a part of the ministry team at Valley for a minimum three year term with a view to being employed long term. There will be a six month probationary period. He will be remunerated according to the standard of the PCV as suggested by the maintenance of the ministry committee.
a. Complete the written application form
b. If you are short listed you will be asked to participate in an onsite interview.
For an application form contact Richard by email email@example.com or at
PO Box 214
Doreen, Vic, 3754
Applications close on 30th April 2017
A final decision will be made by 31st July 2017
MEC is a new church attended by 30 people and associated with FIEC (Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches).
We are seeking a man to pastor and further establish our church through Bible teaching, pastoral care and encouraging evangelism.
MEC is able to pay a ½ wage and therefore does not expect a pastor to necessarily work full time.
A potential pastor would need to agree with our Doctrinal Statement https://macleanevangelicalchurch.wordpress.com/about/
For initial inquiries please phone Andrew Groves on 0466 972 128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Maclean is about 100 km north of Coffs Harbour, about 2 ½ hours south of the Queensland border and about 20 km from the Yamba beaches.
Maclean has a hospital, a number of schools (including Pacific Valley Christian School), a supermarket as well as shops in the town centre, swimming pool and sporting facilities. The population of Maclean is around 5000 people and is a center for people in two towns and a number of villages within a 20 km radius. The Clarence Valley has a population of around 50000 people. The largest center in the Clarence valley is Grafton, some 40 km south of Maclean.
The Auckland Chinese Presbyterian Church (ACPC) is an evangelical Presbyterian church located in central Auckland, comprising two congregations; one Cantonese-speaking and one English-speaking. We are seeking a full-time Minister to lead our English-speaking congregation.
We are a young, vibrant Presbyterian church in the inner city. Auckland is experiencing significant demographic growth and diversity, but we are one of the few Presbyterian churches here.
ACPC believes that our location and the multi-ethnic, multi-generational nature of our English-speaking congregation is a great opportunity to be part of God’s mission sharing the Gospel in this city.
This represents an exciting opportunity for someone who feels called to be part of this vision; a person who will lead us in reaching out to the city for Christ and helping it flourish. This is not a call to “business-as-usual” ministry! This person would naturally have an affinity for working with Chinese people, but would not need to be Chinese or speak any Chinese language.
We are seeking a Minister who:
- Affirms the orthodox Christian faith, and can communicate the Gospel in a modern secular context with intellectual heft.
- Is comfortable providing pastoral care to the diverse cultures and age-groups in our English congregation and beyond.
- Has a strong sense of mission and service to the local community.
- Is able to help, develop and deploy the spiritual gifts of our church members.
Our English congregation has about 60 regular attendees with a range of ethnicities (NZ-born Chinese, foreign-born Chinese, other Asians, Europeans, and others) with ages ranging from children to grandparents.
The English minister will work alongside and report to our senior minister, Reverend Micah Tang, who is responsible for the Cantonese congregation.
Maroochydore Presbyterian Church seeks a Sunday School Leader and Coordinator
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: Minister – Jens Norved
HOURS: Flexible; 6-8 hours including Sunday School
DESCRIPTION: In accord with the Maroochydore Presbyterian Church vision of becoming an unmistakably visible, holy, humble and healthy church on the Sunshine Coast, the role of Sunday School Ministry Leader and Coordinator is to serve by developing, coordinating and administering a comprehensive and expanding educational ministries program for children (Prep -Year 6) volunteer teachers and helpers involved in this ministry. This position would best suit a Sunshine Coast Resident.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate and lead the Sunday school each week during school terms
2. Coordinate the recruitment of volunteer teachers and helpers for the 10:45 am service Sunday school class
3. Provide all teaching activities materials required
4. Maintain a record of children attending
5. Promote the presence and work of the Sunday School
6. Provide materials/quiet activities to support what children might do in church during school holidays
7. Have lunch with a family each week.
8. Must have a current Blue Card
9. Co-ordinate ChildSafe on-line training and record of Blue Cards held especially by all volunteer teachers and helpers in the Sunday School especially anyone who has contact with the children in line with PCQ Blue Card policy.
10. Must hold to doctrine consistent with the Presbyterian Church of Queensland
11. Must have suitable transport
1. 6-8 hours per week. (including regular Sunday gathering).
2. Pay aligned with Ministry Workers terms and conditions
Applications are to be made in writing to The Minister, 45 Okinja Road, Alexandra Headland QLD or email ofﬁce@mp.org.au providing the following information:
• Commitment and suitability for the role
• Previous experience and training for such a role.
• Any skills and abilities that you would bring to the role.
Christian Summer Camp Staff for Underprivileged Kids Camps
Christian Summer Camp Staff for Underprivileged Kids Camps
Company: Hope Mission – Summer Camps
Type: Full-Time Summer Term Position
Hope Mission Operates 2 Christian Summer camps in Alberta, Canada which provide a summer camp experience for kids from single parent, foster and group homes.
220 acres of rolling hills located one hour west of Edmonton, Alberta. We operate programs for youth ages 6-17 through 6 day resident and outtripping camps.
104 acres located 20 minutes west of Calgary, Alberta near Bragg Creek. We operate 8 weeks for youth ages 6-15 through 6 day resident camps.
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth and children who come to our doors would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour. This vision can be fulfilled only if all staff are diligent in serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
Camp Activities Include:
Horseback riding, archery, climbing wall, low ropes course, zip line, riflery, drama, crafts, petting zoo, wilderness skills, Bible studies, chapels, games and much more.
4 Month Positions: program directors, unit leaders (oversee different camps’ program and staff), head wrangler, horse camp instructor, youth development program leaders, secretary, maintenance, head cook, and assistant cook.
2 Month Positions (July and August): counsellors, nurses, kitchen helpers, male and female unit leaders, wranglers, climbing wall instructor, and out camp food coordinator.
We also look for people willing to come for part of the summer as well.
Love for underprivileged kids
Enjoyment of the outdoors
May 1 or June 21, 2017 (depending on position) until August 25, 2017.
$1000/month plus room and board.
For additional information about positions, salary and how our camp runs, please visit www.hopemission.com/summercamp and check out the Staff Information Page.
2. Cover Letter stating why you would like to work in a Christian Ministry
To: People and Culture, Hope Mission
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
9908 106 Ave NW Edmonton, AB
Contact Brent Ankrom for questions about the camps and position descriptions at email@example.com.
Evangelist/Church Planter sought for a Geneva Push Church plant in Brisbane
In 2017 there are plans for a Geneva Push Church plant to reach the Griffith University Community at the Nathan Campus and the wider city. Glenn will start working on this part time in 2017, with his wife Kathryn and their four boys. The plan is to launch public meetings in 2018.
This will be a great opportunity to see a church ministry start from the ground up. It is a great opportunity to be trained as we build a core for the church, evangelise and God willing, launch public meetings in 2018.
Who should apply?
• The applicant should have a love of evangelism and the ability to meet with both Christians and non Christians in small group contexts or personally, one to one.
• The applicant must be willing to try new things and be flexible in their approach to ministry.
• The applicant ought to have a love of the Scriptures, a desire to teach them to others and would love to be trained in many aspects of ministry.
• Griffith University is a very culturally diverse community so the applicant must be able to engage with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
10 hours a week approx. This includes a Sunday meeting, a mid week commitment and training.
No pay in first year, God willing some pay in the second year! So you’ll need a willingness and ability to initially raise your own support.
Send a ministry resume to Glenn Hohnberg, 0423 626 404 (m), firstname.lastname@example.org