The Auckland Chinese Presbyterian Church (ACPC) is an evangelical Presbyterian church located in central Auckland, comprising two congregations; one Cantonese-speaking and one English-speaking. We are seeking a full-time Minister to lead our English-speaking congregation.
We are a young, vibrant Presbyterian church in the inner city. Auckland is experiencing significant demographic growth and diversity, but we are one of the few Presbyterian churches here.
ACPC believes that our location and the multi-ethnic, multi-generational nature of our English-speaking congregation is a great opportunity to be part of God’s mission sharing the Gospel in this city.
This represents an exciting opportunity for someone who feels called to be part of this vision; a person who will lead us in reaching out to the city for Christ and helping it flourish. This is not a call to “business-as-usual” ministry! This person would naturally have an affinity for working with Chinese people, but would not need to be Chinese or speak any Chinese language.
We are seeking a Minister who:
- Affirms the orthodox Christian faith, and can communicate the Gospel in a modern secular context with intellectual heft.
- Is comfortable providing pastoral care to the diverse cultures and age-groups in our English congregation and beyond.
- Has a strong sense of mission and service to the local community.
- Is able to help, develop and deploy the spiritual gifts of our church members.
Our English congregation has about 60 regular attendees with a range of ethnicities (NZ-born Chinese, foreign-born Chinese, other Asians, Europeans, and others) with ages ranging from children to grandparents.
The English minister will work alongside and report to our senior minister, Reverend Micah Tang, who is responsible for the Cantonese congregation.
We are currently looking for a full time pastor who will fit the following criteria:
- The appointee must be an ordained minister of the Presbyterian Church of Australia or someone who is eligible to be ordained in accordance with the forms and procedures of the General Assembly of Australia.
- The appointee should demonstrate clear gifts and abilities for preaching and teaching God’s Word and training and equipping others in the service of the Lord.
- The appointee must be able to shepherd those in the Church and equip others for pastoral care.
- The appointee must have a passion for outreach and evangelism and to encourage the congregation to take the Gospel into the local area, ideally with an ability to reach out to young people.
- The appointee must be able to manage his own household well and be a good steward of his time.
Kingaroy 210kms north-west of Brisbane and 160kms north of Toowoomba in the South Burnett Region.
We are looking for a full time pastor who will faithfully preach and teach God’s Word and encourage us to live for Jesus, love one another and lead others to Him
Please direct further enquiries to the Session Clerk, Nelson Dimond at 556 Malar Road Kingaroy. Phone 07 41624362; Mobile 0428624362; Email — firstname.lastname@example.org.
New SA/NT Regional Director
CMS SANT seeks a new Regional Director.
The present Director, David Williams, is finishing up after 10 years’ service.
This is a full-time, key leadership role in an evangelical mission agency with a significant track record in long-term cross-cultural mission.
The new Regional Director will position CMS SANT for the future as it seeks to:
1. Mobilise evangelical Christians in SA and NT to be actively involved in global mission through CMS
2. Partner effectively with churches in identifying, sending and supporting CMS gospel workers
3. Ensure children, youth and students are engaged in God’s global mission
4. Provide missiological leadership in SA and NT
5. Build a sustainable revenue base, positioned for growth.
To obtain an information pack, please email the SANT office at email@example.com.
To enquire about the position, contact Branch President, David Bassett: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sutherland PRC is part of the body of Christ and of the Presbyterian Reformed Church of Australia, holding to the reformed evangelical faith and embracing the Westminster Confession of Faith. We are a warm and welcoming family of about 60-70 people ranging from children to elderly.
We have a passion for the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and want to see it grow in our own lives and in the world. We seek to motivate and train members to be “disciple-making disciples” who personally share the Word with the lost and with one another.
Please send a resume (with two references) and a family photo electronically to Rev. John Terrell.
Please also attach answers to the following questions, along with a ministry values statement (see below).
John will respond initially to acknowledge receipt of your documents and will the keep you up to date during the process. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.
Please respond to each of these 5 (sets of) questions:
1. What nourishes your faith in Christ? How do you minister to your immediate family (i.e. wife, children)?
2. What interests you in ministering in Australia? How familiar are you with the spiritual landscape of Australia and what are your impressions of it?
3. In your way of thinking, what would a gospel-driven ministry look like?
4. How would you seek to see unbelievers brought into the Kingdom, in a church in which you were ministering? (Be as practical as possible in your response)
5. What is your creation view of Genesis 1-2 and how does this affect your view of Romans 5:12-21?
MINISTRY VALUES STATEMENT
Briefly (about 1 page) list and explain your ministry values (i.e. What is important to you as a minister? How does that shape the way you do things?)
WEBSITE AND DOCUMENTS
WCF and CWPP: prc.org.au/who-are-we
Rev John Terrell
0466 901 711
Located on the North Shore
2 days per week (paid)
We are an evangelical church of three language congregations (English, Cantonese and Mandarin) with an attendance of around 750 at seven Sunday services in East Lindfield, Gordon and Chatswood.
Primary responsibilities include assisting the overall ministries of the English Congregation by providing ideas, resources and training, mentoring/discipling and preaching in the Sunday Service from time to time.
If you’re interested or have any questions, please contact Rev. David Chen of Evangelical Free Church of Australia on 0405 362 073 or email@example.com
Part-time Associate Pastor (English Ministry) Position
(24 HOURS/3 DAYS A WEEK)
Evangelical Free Church of Australia, a Chinese church in Sydney’s North Shore with three language congregations (English, Cantonese and Mandarin) and around 800 people attending 6 different services at East Lindfield, Gordon and Chatswood, is seeking a part-time associate pastor (English Ministry) for its English congregation. Applicants should be of evangelical background, possess a BTh or higher and preferably another tertiary education, demonstrate gifts and passion in ministering to university and young adults. Please send a cover letter, CV, witness of calling, philosophy of ministry, two references, an audio copy of or link to a recent sermon and marked ‘CONFIDENTIAL’ to: The Deacon (HR), Evangelical Free Church of Australia, 28-30 Wellington Road, East Lindfield, NSW 2070, Australia or email firstname.lastname@example.org A detail ministry description of the position or more information is available by emailing Rev. David Chen at: email@example.com
- Full-time Families Pastor to disciple and equip families in the church to reach out into our community.
- Part-time Seniors Pastor to minister to and support the seniors in our church.
Wynnum Baptist Church is a dynamic and growing congregation on the south side of Brisbane whose mission is Showing the Way. The Families Pastor and Seniors Pastor will work alongside the Senior Pastor, Youth Pastor, and other church staff to support the work of the church as we live, share, and know the Way.
We are seeking people who are (or are eligible to be) registered with Queensland Baptists.
For a full position description and application information, visit http://www.wybc.org.au.
population of around 28,000 people. The town is a hub for tourism, government
services, healthcare, defence and agriculture services. A significant population of
aboriginal people live in and around the town, and there is a growing international
The Presbyterian Inland Mission (PIM) planted a small church in ‘the Alice’ about
four years ago. With the upcoming retirement of the current minister, PIM are looking
for a church planter to inject some fresh energy into the church and, under God,
develop it into a viable and sustainable congregation that can make a significant
impact in the local community.
The rugged beauty of Central Australia masks some deep spiritual and social
challenges both in the towns and the more isolated areas; problems that can only be
dealt with through the Gospel. There is a wide range of churches in Alice Springs, but
an opportunity does exist for a reformed evangelical church with solid biblical
teaching to make a contribution, and to actively engage in evangelism and discipling
PIM are looking for a pastor who can:
• Provide a solid expository Bible preaching and teaching ministry.
• Help people grow as faithful followers of Jesus.
• Develop elders and other local leaders and create a sustainable structure within
the Presbyterian Church of Australia.
• Train congregation members to develop outreach and evangelistic strategies to
take the gospel to their community, including amongst local aboriginal people.
• Equip the congregation to grow into a vibrant and sustainable church of
disciples who are actively engaged in local mission.
The Alice Springs Presbyterian Church currently has about 20 to 30 regular attendees
and meets in a church building owned by the Australian Indigenous Ministries.
Ideally, the new pastor would be available to start early in 2018.
Living and ministering in Alice Springs is not without challenges, but it also provides
some unique opportunities for a couple or a family to enjoy a different lifestyle. Those
who enjoy outdoor recreation will find plenty opportunities to get out and enjoy the
many things the Centre has to offer. The town is well serviced with shops, health care,
education, internet connectivity and daily flights to the east coast
To explore this opportunity further please call Andrew Letcher, CEO of the
Presbyterian Inland Mission, on 0438 868 964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Roles and Responsibilities
“And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the
saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,”
(Ephesians 4:11-12 ESV)
The Associate Pastor’s responsibility together with the Elders is to provide spiritual leadership to the church
in the pursuit of its vision and mission under God. Their goal as they do this is the glory of God, the health
of the church, and the good of the community where God has placed it.
Associate Pastors have the authority to deal with the daily matters of the church that do not involve a clear
change in the church values or mission and they are accountable to the church through the Lead Pastor
and Elders for their ministry.
The Associate Pastor’s roles:
1. Be a gospel minister. Devote yourself to the ministry of the Word and prayer.
2. Be a leader of leaders. Identify, recruit, gather and lead teams of gifted and godly leaders .
3. Be a trainer. Train, enable and empower others to pursue the mission of making disciples
4. Be a player coach. Participate in discipleship alongside others equipping them o do the same.
5. Be a student. Constantly be reading and studying God’s word in depth as well as other helpful theology
and practice resources in the area of gospel ministry.
The Associate Pastor’s responsibilities:
1. Prayer. – Pray regularly for the growth of God’s people at GBC and for the advance of the gospel in the
Southern Hills Region of Perth.
2. Bible. – Read and study the scriptures regularly for your own personal relationship with Jesus and to be
better equipped to handle the word of truth
3. Preach/Teach. – Preach at our main gatherings (the majority of our preaching is done by our Lead
Pastor), and be involved developing the preaching/teaching ministry both inside and out side GBC.
4. 5M Leadership. – Provide leadership to the 5M Ministry areas according to God’s gifting within the
leadership of GBC. Meet regularly for prayer, training and oversight in this ministry focus.
5. Train & Disciple. – Be Involved in discipling, training and equipping leaders (2 Timothy 2:2), and God’s
people generally (Ephesians 4:11-12) for serving Jesus.
6. Evangelism. – Promote evangelism among God’s people, personally engaging in it and equipping others
to do the same.
7. Care. – Be involved as one of the Elders in providing gospel shaped care to maintain and promote the
spiritual health of the church.
8. Study. – Spend time digging deeply into God’s word and reading other discipleship/evangelism material
with the aim of growing yourself and God’s people in maturity in Christ.
We are seeking interest from a motivated and passionate person who feels called to serve at our church for an exciting opportunity in Youth Ministry. We are situated to the southeast of Brisbane and we are seeking someone who has worked with young people and is able to help us continue building our vibrant youth ministry.
Oversee the youth programs of the church (GEMS, Tribe & Forge). Provide support to our Sunday morning ministry to youth; provide mentoring, training and encouragement to youth leaders; help youth to serve in the wider church and community; Explore ways of connecting with families and the wider community; attend worship services and special meetings.
The role is an initial part-time position (0.4FTE), with scope to expand. The person must be a mature and growing believer with solid Christian character, leadership gifting and experience, and a heart and love for young people.
If you would like to know more, or get a detailed job description, please contact Pastor Jim de Witte at email@example.com or 0409 206 954.
To apply: send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
HUGHES BAPTIST CHURCH, CANBERRA AUSTRALIA
Hughes Baptist Church in Canberra, Australia, seeks a new Senior Pastor. We
aspire to be a dynamic, Christ-centred church that engages our community with
the hope of the gospel. The Senior Pastor will have responsibility for the
preaching and teaching, mentoring associate and youth pastors and for leading
the church in all facets of its ministry. The Senior Pastor is supported by Elders, a
Board, Ministry Leaders, office administrative staff and an active congregation.
We are looking for a Senior Pastor:
• With a strong commitment to the centrality of Christ and the Bible in the
life of the church;
• Who is gifted in preaching, teaching, leadership, and pastoral care;
• In whom the fruit of the Spirit is evident and who has a heart for mission;
• Is accredited with the Association of Baptist Churches of New South
Wales and the Australian Capital Territory, or is able to be so.
We are an established, multi-generational and culturally diverse church and are
involved in both local and international ministries. See our website at
For additional information, please contact the pastoral search team via HBC
email@example.com attention Paul Hazell or phone +61 (0)2 6282 1301
(Mon-Fri, 9am to 1pm AEDT).
We are currently looking for a Youth Pastor to grow with us. If you love Youth, God’s Word and the Church then you are the person. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is studying and would love to grow in the faith and learn about ministry at the same time. Interested applicants may contact Pastor Ray Airosa at 0447546952 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
BCCC is a non-denominational church that largely ministers to the Chinese community in the northern suburbs of Brisbane. The church consists of both a Chinese Ministry and an English Ministry. The English Ministry is predominantly made up of Australian born (or Australian raised) Chinese young adults, workers and young families seeking to live out their faith in their various stages of life.
We are a congregation that treasures Jesus and each other. We are also a congregation that values God’s word and wants to deepen our love and commitment to His word. We therefore seek a Pastor who is excited about teaching and modelling God’s word to us, and is keen to walk with us as we walk with Christ.
We are also a congregation that has been growing in our passion for missions, evangelism and outreach. Recently, we have been sensing God leading us to particularly connect with and reach young local families with the gospel. (A playgroup was commenced 2 years ago as part of this emerging vision). We therefore also seek a Pastor who can encourage and equip us to partner with God in this vision.
- Weekly systematic and expository preaching/teaching of God’s Word
- Pastoral oversight of current ministries (children, youth, young workers & families)
- Providing personal discipleship and leading/encouraging members of the congregation to disciple others
- Provision of pastoral care to members and families of the church
- Identification, encouragement, and training of members to serve and lead in appropriate roles
- General coordination, planning, and management across all aspects of the English ministry, including strategic planning
- Working with the English Ministry deacons to further develop the English Ministry
- Working with the combined deacons board (English/Chinese) to coordinate, plan, and manage the life of the BCCC community
- Engagement with the wider community to foster relationships with other churches, and with the Kedron State School chaplain
The English Ministry Pastor works with and is responsible to the English deacons, and the combined deacons board.
- Deep personal relationship with Christ and reliance on His Spirit for wisdom and strength
- A passion for the Word of God and teaching and preaching
- A commitment to growing lifelong disciples of Christ
- Sensitivity to different cultural backgrounds of church members and the community around us
- Bachelor of Theology or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-4 years of pastoral experience is strongly preferred
- Must hold a Working with Children (blue) Card
- Fluent in the English language (ability to understand/speak Cantonese or Mandarin would be advantageous)
The position commences early 2018
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact:
May Tsui (Pastoral Search & Review Committee)
Ph: 0412 998 236
Your application should consist of a Cover Letter, CV (with at least 2 referees) and an audio sermon.
Please only apply for this job if you already have Australian Citizenship or an Australian Work Visa
Evangelist/Church Planter sought for a Geneva Push Church plant in Brisbane
In 2017 there are plans for a Geneva Push Church plant to reach the Griffith University Community at the Nathan Campus and the wider city. Glenn will start working on this part time in 2017, with his wife Kathryn and their four boys. The plan is to launch public meetings in 2018.
This will be a great opportunity to see a church ministry start from the ground up. It is a great opportunity to be trained as we build a core for the church, evangelise and God willing, launch public meetings in 2018.
Who should apply?
• The applicant should have a love of evangelism and the ability to meet with both Christians and non Christians in small group contexts or personally, one to one.
• The applicant must be willing to try new things and be flexible in their approach to ministry.
• The applicant ought to have a love of the Scriptures, a desire to teach them to others and would love to be trained in many aspects of ministry.
• Griffith University is a very culturally diverse community so the applicant must be able to engage with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
10 hours a week approx. This includes a Sunday meeting, a mid week commitment and training.
No pay in first year, God willing some pay in the second year! So you’ll need a willingness and ability to initially raise your own support.
Send a ministry resume to Glenn Hohnberg, 0423 626 404 (m), email@example.com
HUGHES BAPTIST CHURCH, CANBERRA
Summary of Role
Hughes Baptist Church in Canberra, seeks a new Youth Pastor. We aspire to be a
dynamic, Christ-centred church that engages our community with the hope of
the gospel. The Youth Pastor will have responsibility for leading the youth and
young adults’ ministry, engaging and developing youth and young adults as
disciples of Jesus.
We are looking for a Youth Pastor:
• With a strong commitment to the centrality of Christ and the Bible in the
life of the church;
• Who feels God’s call to youth and young adults’ ministry;
• Who is gifted in the teaching, leadership and pastoral care of youth;
• In whom the fruit of the Spirit is evident;
• Is proactive in communicating with church leadership, fellow leaders,
parents and youth;
• Has completed [or is close to and willing to complete] a qualification in a
recognized evangelical theological institution or Bible College;
• Comes to us recommended by their current or recent Pastor;
• Is committed to and able to apply the regulatory environment required of
a Safe Church;
• Is able to work independently and collaboratively to achieve the broader
vision of HBC through its Youth ministry.
We are an established, multi-generational and culturally diverse church and are
actively supporting both local and international ministries. We have a history of
strong youth and young adult programmes, including an affiliated Boy’s Brigade
and Girl’s Brigade and Sunday Education programme. See our website at
For additional information and an application form, please contact the pastoral
search team via the HBC office at:
firstname.lastname@example.org – ATTENTION Paul Hazell or ph. 02 6282 1301.
Closing date for applications: 2 February 2018
The International Christian Fellowship of Phnom Penh (ICF), Cambodia, is seeking to recruit a Senior Pastor to fulfil the leadership role on the pastoral team of the church.
The ICF is an English speaking, expatriate, broadly evangelical, interdenominational church of around 300 adults and 80 children from over 30 different nationalities who live and work in Cambodia. The ICF community includes people in business, various kinds of relief and development workers, missionaries, diplomatic roles and other professionals. Most have demanding work roles, travel often and experience all the usual concerns of Christians everywhere.
The senior pastor will work in partnership with paid staff (currently a full-time administrator, and a full-time youth pastor) and a range of committed volunteers. The existing culture of team leadership between Pastor and Council of Elders (men and women) lends itself well to this model of future leadership for the ICF. There has been a clear sense that we should not focus on a narrow, pre-determined job description but rather see who God may be sending to work among us. While the usual range of needs in any international church must to be covered, the ICF Council would envisage that the senior pastor will be able to exercise real leadership in strengthening the ICF’s engagement with the wider expatriate community of Phnom Penh.
The regular activities of the ICF, for which the pastor would have overall responsibility, include Sunday services, oversee Sunday Schools and youth ministry, the usual pastoral care and prayer ministry involvements, the strengthening of the small home groups, and the exploration of other services to meet the needs of an increasingly culturally diverse community.
Experience (at least a decade) in church leadership and pastoral ministry, as well as international living and cross-cultural work, are essential: capacity to function well in a team leadership with both the other staff and the ICF Council likewise. As many in the ICF have attended Bible School and Theological Seminaries, it is expected that applicants have a minimum of three years of formal theological education at university level.
We hope to appoint a new senior pastor to take up duties by August/September 2018. However finding the person God has prepared for this role is incredibly important for the ICF body, so there will be some flexibility regarding timing.
Please read this file to see the qualifications for the role of the ICF Senior Pastor.
If you are qualified and interested in the position, please fill in this online application form.
Note that this application form, requires that you sign into your Google account first, such as GMail.
Please send any queries to email@example.com.