We are currently looking for a Youth Pastor to grow with us. If you love Youth, God’s Word and the Church then you are the person. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is studying and would love to grow in the faith and learn about ministry at the same time. Interested applicants may contact Pastor Ray Airosa at 0447546952 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Paradise Point Uniting Church (PPUC) is an evangelical congregation located at the north end of the Gold Coast, Queensland. Currently we have a Sunday morning congregation of 130 adults and 10 children and an additional 80 people attending activities throughout the week. We are a warm and caring fellowship seeking to grow as disciples of Christ and further witness to our community.
Applications are invited for a Minister of the Word who has heard God’s call to serve in this placement. The Minister should have
- an evangelical theological position in faith and ministry and publicly bear witness to an evangelical perspective
- gifts in preaching and teaching God’s Word,
- a pastoral concern for a mature age congregation,
- a passion for family and children’s ministry and outreach
- the ability to mentor and encourage lay leadership.
PPUC is a congregational member of the Assembly of Confessing Congregations within the Uniting Church in Australia.
For further information including the Congregational Profile and Five-Year Mission Plan 2017-2021, please contact Pastor David Busch, Presbytery Minister, South Moreton Presbytery (telephone 0438 646 559) or by email to email@example.com
Applications should be addressed to
Paradise Point JNC
C/- Secretary, Synod Placement Committee
UCA (Queensland Synod)
GPO Box 674
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please clearly identify Paradise Point Uniting Church in the subject heading.
The Anglican Prison Ministry evolved in response to our Lord’s statement in Matthew 25:36, “I was in prison and you visited me” affirming the importance of not forgetting to care for the poor, the isolated and marginalised of our community.
Today in Queensland, our voluntary Prison Chaplains form part of an ecumenical team visiting approximately 7,000 people aged from 17 years up to in some instances prisoners in their 80’s incarcerated for a variety of reasons from minor offences to the most serious of crimes.
We are in need of Volunteer Prison Chaplains to offer pastoral and spiritual care to prisoners throughout Southern Queensland. To be suitable, you would need the following:
- To be baptised and a practicing Anglican who affirms the faith of the Church and belongs to and worships in an Anglican faith community
- Be open to minister within an ecumenical and Multi – Faith environment
- Confidence in engaging within a correctional system that can be authoritarian and punitive
- The ability to exercise discretion and keep confidences
- An understanding of sacred Scriptures, Anglican teachings, liturgy, and theology
Your dedication to the Anglican faith will include a commitment to attend monthly meetings, conduct an ecumenical service on designated Sundays and attend the annual 4-day In-Service Training. You will offer exceptional communication and engagement skills, self-management, and have well-established self-care strategies in place.
Other requirements include:
- Availability and Reliability – after training, a minimum of one shift per week, during business hours for a period of three months (possibility of longer term)
- Confidentiality – this is critical to us and you will need to sign a Role Description which includes a confidentiality agreement
- National Police Check and Working with Children Blue Card – we organise and pay for these if you don’t already have them
Contact David Lunnis on
HUGHES BAPTIST CHURCH, CANBERRA
Summary of Role
Hughes Baptist Church in Canberra, seeks a new Youth Pastor. We aspire to be a
dynamic, Christ-centred church that engages our community with the hope of
the gospel. The Youth Pastor will have responsibility for leading the youth and
young adults’ ministry, engaging and developing youth and young adults as
disciples of Jesus.
We are looking for a Youth Pastor:
• With a strong commitment to the centrality of Christ and the Bible in the
life of the church;
• Who feels God’s call to youth and young adults’ ministry;
• Who is gifted in the teaching, leadership and pastoral care of youth;
• In whom the fruit of the Spirit is evident;
• Is proactive in communicating with church leadership, fellow leaders,
parents and youth;
• Has completed [or is close to and willing to complete] a qualification in a
recognized evangelical theological institution or Bible College;
• Comes to us recommended by their current or recent Pastor;
• Is committed to and able to apply the regulatory environment required of
a Safe Church;
• Is able to work independently and collaboratively to achieve the broader
vision of HBC through its Youth ministry.
We are an established, multi-generational and culturally diverse church and are
actively supporting both local and international ministries. We have a history of
strong youth and young adult programmes, including an affiliated Boy’s Brigade
and Girl’s Brigade and Sunday Education programme. See our website at
For additional information and an application form, please contact the pastoral
search team via the HBC office at:
email@example.com – ATTENTION Paul Hazell or ph. 02 6282 1301.
Closing date for applications: 2 February 2018
CMS QNNSW Communications Officer
CMS QNNSW Communications Officer
CMS-Queensland with Northern NSW communicates with its members across all the media and needs someone who can produce quality material, efficiently and with style. A vital goal of our communications is to educate members and churches, increase prayer support, and raise the finances needed to send and support missionaries.
You’ll work with a great branch team, friendly and supportive members, and fabulous mission personnel who work around the world.
1. To deliver timely and effective communications according the QNNSW branch yearly schedule.
2. To contribute integrated communication expertise as part of the QNNSW branch team for initiatives as determined by the General Secretary.
CMS QNNSW General Secretary
CMS QNNSW Business Manager
The job requires someone who is very well organised, can work to deadlines, and be a self-starter. You should have formal qualifications in communications and a demonstrated experience in print and social media, including video production.
Above all, you will need to be a Christian who has a strong commitment to cross cultural mission, and be an active member of your church.
Hours and Location
This is a permanent full-time position based in Brisbane.
Specific accountabilities are the outcomes that you are required to produce. They describe why your job exists.
• Write and edit monthly branch communication to supporters and distribute communication via email and paper
• Design and coordinate production and distribution of monthly missionary prayer points via email and paper
• Design and coordinate the production and distribution of missionary communications – personal leaflets
• Design and coordinate the production of the annual report (mission impact)
• Liaise with external publications/editors regarding copy and articles
• Writing copy for external publications when needed
2. Appeals (EOFY & others as agreed)
• Produce church and individual appeal and correspondence in collaboration with other branches.
• Produce appeal materials for various mediums including website, mail out, social media
3. Social Media
• Oversee and write content for Facebook and other
• Promote CMS QNNSW events on social media
• Manage the CMS branch web pages through posting content
• Provide contributions to the CMS general website
4. Correspondence & General Communications
• Produce general correspondence including thank you letters for the Branch
• Provide editorial assistance for the General Secretary and branch team
• Provide communication support to missionaries
• Produce resources including banners, promotional material and displays for Summer School, Autumn Encounter, regional conferences and deputation events.
Calling of Associate Pastor (English Ministry)
Full time position
Evangelical Free Church of Australia, a Chinese church in Sydney’s North Shore with three language congregations (English, Cantonese and Mandarin) and around 800 people attending 6 different services at East Lindfield, Gordon and Chatswood, is seeking an associate pastor (English Ministry). Applicants should be of evangelical background, possess a BTh or higher and preferably another tertiary education, demonstrate gifts and passion in ministering to university and young adults.
Please send a cover letter, CV, witness of calling, philosophy of ministry, two references, links to two recent sermons and marked ‘CONFIDENTIAL’ to: The Deacon (HR), Evangelical Free Church of Australia, 28-30 Wellington Road, East Lindfield, NSW 2070, Australia or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A detailed ministry description of the position or more information is available by emailing Rev. David Chen at: email@example.com
Closing date: Fri 9 March 2018
The International Christian Fellowship of Phnom Penh (ICF), Cambodia, is seeking to recruit a Senior Pastor to fulfil the leadership role on the pastoral team of the church.
The ICF is an English speaking, expatriate, broadly evangelical, interdenominational church of around 300 adults and 80 children from over 30 different nationalities who live and work in Cambodia. The ICF community includes people in business, various kinds of relief and development workers, missionaries, diplomatic roles and other professionals. Most have demanding work roles, travel often and experience all the usual concerns of Christians everywhere.
The senior pastor will work in partnership with paid staff (currently a full-time administrator, and a full-time youth pastor) and a range of committed volunteers. The existing culture of team leadership between Pastor and Council of Elders (men and women) lends itself well to this model of future leadership for the ICF. There has been a clear sense that we should not focus on a narrow, pre-determined job description but rather see who God may be sending to work among us. While the usual range of needs in any international church must to be covered, the ICF Council would envisage that the senior pastor will be able to exercise real leadership in strengthening the ICF’s engagement with the wider expatriate community of Phnom Penh.
The regular activities of the ICF, for which the pastor would have overall responsibility, include Sunday services, oversee Sunday Schools and youth ministry, the usual pastoral care and prayer ministry involvements, the strengthening of the small home groups, and the exploration of other services to meet the needs of an increasingly culturally diverse community.
Experience (at least a decade) in church leadership and pastoral ministry, as well as international living and cross-cultural work, are essential: capacity to function well in a team leadership with both the other staff and the ICF Council likewise. As many in the ICF have attended Bible School and Theological Seminaries, it is expected that applicants have a minimum of three years of formal theological education at university level.
We hope to appoint a new senior pastor to take up duties by August/September 2018. However finding the person God has prepared for this role is incredibly important for the ICF body, so there will be some flexibility regarding timing.
Please read this file to see the qualifications for the role of the ICF Senior Pastor.
If you are qualified and interested in the position, please fill in this online application form.
Note that this application form, requires that you sign into your Google account first, such as GMail.
Please send any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.